why and how did you start bmxing?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2013 9:07 PM

I was at this skatepark that local had built (i was a skater...), this little skatepark was built by skaters, bikers and rollerbladers. But anyways i was there and this group of bikers came (i didnt know what bmx was) and i was amazed by it. I rolled up to this one dude who was sitting and asked him if he would teach me how to ride and he said ya and let me ride his bike. Then i bought a tony hawk bike, learned hops feebles, doubles, and smiths on that thing, then came time to buy a real bike, i didnt listen to my biker friends and i bought a blackeye... Then slowly upgraded to a custom volume, and now a custom fly. Btw i started off riding street but i now ride mostly park

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

4/14/2013 9:21 PM

Late Spring of 2006 is what sparked my initial interest. I live across from a school and I'd always ride my mongoose bmx style bike over there to hang out with a friend who lived next to it. randomly ran into 2 guys from my school (I was in 8th grade at the time) and they were riding bikes, a bmx and a mountain bike. they were 2 popular kids and I was sort of a nobody haha but they were just chillin and said hey ride with us, so I did and became friends with them and always met them to go biking. never did any tricks besides jumping up curbs until the Summer when this kid with a Haro (I remember I thought of him like a god just because of his bike hahah) made a tiny jump in the baseball field and finally I grew the balls to jump it. I felt so cool. Towards the end of Summer I got a Haro myself, and my one friend who got me into it got an Eastern, the other kid quit riding around with us. We would ride with the other kid with a Haro and jump off loading docks and shit like that. We did that up until about Fall.. that's when it got to be something we did seriously and not just riding around. We started trying grinds, 180s, stuff like that..

I WISHHHH so fucking bad I still had the first "Edit" we made that Summer consisting of us just jumping off loading docks, the little dirt jump and onto curbs haha

|

4/14/2013 9:29 PM

Late 2007, I learned how to ride my first bike. Early 2008, had my crash. Early 2010, got a Mongoose and tried riding. Late 2010, got a Hyper Spinner Pro and pimped that shit out and learned grinds, 90s, footjams, rollouts, bunnyhops, gay barspins. 2011, built my first custom that was crap and weighed 30 lbs. Eventually, I got my bike way better and I have improved. I still do grinds on and off but i'm getting the hang of them. I still really wanna dial in my hops and 180s. I always nosedive my hops most of the time, and I land my 180s both wheels sometimes and it bends my rims and makes awful noises that tell you have landed weird.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/14/2013 9:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2013 9:31 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Late 2007, I learned how to ride my first bike. Early 2008, had my crash. Early 2010, got a Mongoose and tried riding. Late 2010, got a Hyper Spinner Pro and pimped that shit out and learned grinds, 90s, footjams, rollouts, bunnyhops, gay barspins. 2011, built my first custom that was crap and weighed 30 lbs. Eventually, I got my bike way better and I have improved. I still do grinds on and off but i'm getting the hang of them. I still really wanna dial in my hops and 180s. I always nosedive my hops most of the time, and I land my 180s both wheels sometimes and it bends my rims and makes awful noises that tell you have landed weird.

Crash? did you break a bone?

|

4/14/2013 9:39 PM

My 4th grade buddy got me into bmx but i didnt get a bike until fall 2011

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

4/14/2013 9:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2013 9:47 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Crash? did you break a bone?

No. I literally tried a nose bonk up a curb. Tire slipped so bad cause they were shit and I didn't have much time to reactand just faceplanted. Chipped a quarter of my front tooth, got a minor concussion, got wrist sprains, and road rash on knees, elbows, etc. I also had a panic attack 5 minutes after i looked in the mirror and saw the injuries, though i had no idea why I reacted like that at the time.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/14/2013 10:58 PM

Watching the Props Road fools/ Mega Tour Videos on Fuel TV back in the day is what really sparked my interest in bmx. Before that i had never really seen any real street riding and to me all of it just looked so damn crazy. After that i always wanted to start riding but at that time me and all my friends were skateboarding so i just never got around to it. Eventually i got bored with skating and around my 20th birthday i finally picked up a bike, ever since then i've been hooked.

|

4/14/2013 11:47 PM

Started of mountain biking with my dad when I was about 10 or so. I did that for a few years and started riding around a few skateparks snaking everyone. I was going to get a 26" but then I was at a skatepark the same day some really good bmxers were there and decided that I should bmx instead since it would be easier to become pro lol

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

4/15/2013 12:19 AM

Last year I was in grade 7 these guys would always talk about bikes so I would just sit their and listen the one day I see them riding they let me ride their bike and I had a shit ton of fun go home type in bmx on youtube some edits came up started reading about bikes and stuff decided to get a bike got a poop 05 free agent mavrik broke it built a poop custom ran into some problems then traded that for a go pro traded that for a custom premium aroura mom sold it got pissed and now a year later I finally get a good bike and learned hops and then I learned roll outs today

|

4/15/2013 12:53 AM

True story even though it sounds fake. I was playing Xbox 360 in 2010, it got red ring of death. Changed the channel and Props (it was called Tread BMX for some reason) was on. I still remember the episode cause it was Nathan William's bio. Started tuning into Props every time it was on for the next month or so, joined Vital BMX with 0 BMX knowledge, started to learn more about it. Got a bike after 2/3 months of being on Vital etc etc which leads onto now. If you go on my profile and look at my very first threads you can see how noob I was, that's also where I got my username from cause I couldn't think of anything else.

|

4/15/2013 1:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2013 1:41 AM

Way back in time (1993) there was this program that used to showcase different extreme sports it was called high 5 I think, I was always fascinated by freesports as a child so I loved this program, anyway one week it was showcasing moto x and was showing how Jeremy McGrath got into moto x and it showed a clip of him doing a 360 on a dirt jump on a bmx, that was the first time I'd seen anything done on a bmx and i was blown away, got a bmx that Xmas and the spring after that I learnt 360s and variations of them on this 6ft flyout dirt jump, I was about 12 at the time and was the only person I knew that was into bmx, this was when bmx wasn't cool at all, but I loved it and always have ever since.

Im now 31 & I will ride bmx until my body won't let me anymore, its more than just bike riding to me, its my lifestyle & identity, its who I am and what I do.

Peace

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/15/2013 4:40 AM

As a kid in the 70's I rode my bike in the neigborhood like any kid would. We moved just north Cincinnati in 1980 to a neighborhood that was rather hilly and so there were a lot of backyard downhill runs. Then one day I saw an issue of one of these in a bookstore...
[LINK TO IMAGE]

The rest is history.

|

4/15/2013 6:16 AM

Been interested in it for as long as I can remember. But me and my friend had a Raleigh and Diamondback and would hop curbs and gay shit like that. Then I met TheTech. and we would hang and he got sick of looking at the diamondback as I was too after like a few weeks of us hanging and he found someone that had a cheap custom and I bought it. Its been going on from there ever since. I don't have any of that custom anymore. Well, I have the headset that I just replaced. Thats the only part I have left in my spare parts area.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/15/2013 6:23 AM

Ive always liked it. my dad raced when he was younger... so i though bmx was just racing. until i saw the xgames. it blew my mind, so i started piecing a bike together. now, i really wish i would have started sooner. but i have a kick ass bike for my riding level now. I have dumped all my money into BMX the past couple years... I even passed up getting a car more than once. I wouldnt give my bike up for anything... i ride a little bit of everything now. BMX = My Life. enough said

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

4/15/2013 7:12 AM

Brokenbmx and Brokenbmx...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/15/2013 7:19 AM

I was being made fun of because i had a mongoose. I wanted to show the kids i could do better. Im better than the kids who were making fun of me now.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/15/2013 7:32 AM

SnM An1mal wrote:

Ive always liked it. my dad raced when he was younger... so i though bmx was just racing. until i saw the xgames. it blew my mind, so i started piecing a bike together. now, i really wish i would have started sooner. but i have a kick ass bike for my riding level now. I have dumped all my money into BMX the past couple years... I even passed up getting a car more than once. I wouldnt give my bike up for anything... i ride a little bit of everything now. BMX = My Life. enough said

This sooo much. i put every fucking penny into it. My mom even knows the routine. As soon as I get money for something I go straight to dans or albes. I do really need to start saving for a car and shit so I can actually go to parks and new street spots.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/15/2013 7:40 AM

With me it started when I bought a mirraco icon for 30 quid, u see to do r

|

4/15/2013 7:41 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Been interested in it for as long as I can remember. But me and my friend had a Raleigh and Diamondback and would hop curbs and gay shit like that. Then I met TheTech. and we would hang and he got sick of looking at the diamondback as I was too after like a few weeks of us hanging and he found someone that had a cheap custom and I bought it. Its been going on from there ever since. I don't have any of that custom anymore. Well, I have the headset that I just replaced. Thats the only part I have left in my spare parts area.

Ahem...

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

4/15/2013 7:49 AM

I always rode bikes and the first time i actually got a real bmx bike was like 6 or so years ago and it was some kind of DK it was actually a racing bike it had profile cranks and a huge profile sprocket it was so cool.lol and then i moved and started skating and i did that for like 5 years or so then i stopped skating and started playing xbox (when MW2 first came out) and thats all i did basically until blackops 1 came out then started playing gamebattles and stuff until MW3 came out then i started to get into BMX again watching videos and stuff then i got a we the people reason then and started riding it every day. lol.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/15/2013 7:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2013 8:00 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Mattix wrote:

Ahem...

Oh yeah, and of course Austin was a big part in me starting too.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/15/2013 8:01 AM

Used to skate when I was about 11, was at the local skatepark one day when a few bikers arrived, one was doing what I now know is a hang 10 around a bowl and the other was back crooking rails and such, I was naturally amazed by them and as soon as I got in started looking for bikes on Ebay, 5 years later here I am.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

4/15/2013 8:16 AM

Before I started BMXing, I was really interested in cars. A load of people I knew rode, but they only rolled over dirt jumps and did little hops and stuff. But still, I thought it would be fun so I started riding my Mountain Bike with them. I then got a BMX. A few months later we started to go to skateparks and ride proper street, and one of my mates started skating. Then another one started scootering. Then every single one of my friends started skating, apart from the one that scootered, me, and another BMXer that was only just starting to BMX. And another one of my friends, Skated, BMXed and Scootered at that point. Then some of my friends started BMXing again, at that point the scooterer quit, and the ones that kept on skating and still skate to this day. Then everyone that rode quit, apart from me, the one that got in to it after me, the one that skated, rode and scootered (and he still did all 3) and another person. All four of us still ride, and the one that skated and scootered has quit skating, but he still scooters. And I now ride with a lot of other people as well.

|

4/15/2013 8:19 AM

Mattix wrote:

Ahem...

WHAO! where have you been!

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/15/2013 8:37 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Mattix wrote:

Ahem...

tito24 wrote:

Being gay ,working, he's selling his bike too.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/15/2013 8:44 AM

Mattix wrote:

Ahem...

tito24 wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

GAY!!!

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

4/15/2013 9:44 AM

tito24 wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

tito24 wrote:

GAY!!!

Just because he is too good to eat cheap food....

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/15/2013 9:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2013 9:55 AM

I skated for a while, moved to a farm with nowhere to skate, so I started riding the awful (yet awesome) jumps I made out of whatever I could find.

Ahhh the good old days...

Now here we are like 13-14 years later, and I ride less than I would like, but still get a session in now and then.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/15/2013 12:16 PM

So... it all started a loooong time ago (setting the story tongue) anyways, i have had bikes since i was 3 (16 now) i started off with halfords bikes and then when was 6 got my first dirtbike (serious) after riding that for a few years and learning to jump it properly i got a Kawasaki 80cc racing dirt bike (fast as hell that thing was). I loved the feeling of airing high but i didn't feel right as i was doing nothing for it. So i got a mountain bike which was fun. Then a friend of a friend was selling his old Diamondback Skindog 11 and for 70 quid i bought it, now 4 months later (and a few £ on upgrades tongue) here i am learning 180's, flyout 3's and tail/footjamwhips

|

Bruh

4/15/2013 1:28 PM

I started because my dad was a sponspored racer in the 80s so he had all his bikes and frames in the garage and i was amazed by it as a kid so he got me into racing so i did that until i was 13 and then i stopped to play football and rugby then when i was 16 i went to the X games and thats when i started to do tricks

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin