why do skateboarders get paid more?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2013 5:05 AM

why does sponsored skateboarders have more money then sponsored bmxers?

might be a stupid thread but i dont get it

|

4/23/2013 5:13 AM

Skateboarding is more popular due to the fact that it is far cheaper to get started.

$100 for a good complete board
$500 + for a good complete bike

|

4/23/2013 7:46 AM

More people skateboard and watch it. And yeah i think skater's always got paid more i mean it depends which company you are sponsored by also. And really no telling what they make (unless you ask them) i mean you know somebody like tony hawk probably get's paid more that all the pro bmxer's now. Some get paid more than others but i think it comes down to how many contest you win and stuff.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/23/2013 10:33 AM

probably because its more popular and mainstream, also theres more contests for skating in think

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/23/2013 10:41 AM

Because people are oblivious. Not too many people realize that a skaters trucks do far more damage than our pegs. And we have plastic, they don't. But there are laws against them and not us. And skaters snap decks like every Month.So figure 100 a deck every month vs our 400 a frame twice a year. But factor in our parts. And they replace bearings way more often than we have too. It all evens out in the long run but every one looks just at the present and not into the future . For real though who cares. They do what they love and we do what we love. That should be enough right there

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/23/2013 1:35 PM

Cause yolo.

Mainly because BMX is more popular within the younger age group, like there is a bunch of 9 year old skaters that kick ass and are sponsored while there is fewer younger kids that can ride properly and that is mainly due to the weight of bikes and the fact that kids aren't as strong as an adult or teen rider.
Skateboarding is also much more affordable compared to BMX.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"