why does same brands bmx bars weight different

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2013 7:18 AM

This might be a dumb question but why does the same brands bars weight different. So like 8.5 rise might weight more then 8.25 rise or an 9.5 rise might weight less then a 8.5 rise. I seen this on every bmx site like dans that they have different kind of weight . Should all the bars weight the same no matter what rise width up sweep back sweep they are.

|

12/19/2013 7:21 AM

the more rise/wide, the more material you have to use, i think it's pretty logical

|

12/19/2013 7:24 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

the more rise/wide, the more material you have to use, i think it's pretty logical

i new to bmx i just need to know the 101 about bmx bikes and parts.that why i ask thanks,

|

12/19/2013 7:25 AM

^^^ this pretty much. Also certain brands work on strength more than others. Like if you look at bone Deth, their v1 deadman bars are way lighter than their v2 deadman bars. That is because they intentionally added way more strength (read: material)

|

Insta: @devicacy

12/19/2013 7:25 AM

Which bar?

|

12/19/2013 7:28 AM

Fondue wrote:

Which bar?

All the brands like stolen kink sunday fit odyssey eastern shadow etc.

|

12/19/2013 7:36 AM

Depends on the thickness of the materials used.

More material = more weight.

You could have two sets of bars, same exact sizing, width etc, and have different weights based on how they are made, where material is put, how the tubes are shaped and so on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/19/2013 7:37 AM

Fondue wrote:

Which bar?

Pokemonbmx wrote:

All the brands like stolen kink sunday fit odyssey eastern shadow etc.

Let me be more specific. Which bars are you comparing? Tell me which 9.5 bar weighs less than the 8.5 bar you saw.

|

12/19/2013 7:41 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Depends on the thickness of the materials used.

More material = more weight.

You could have two sets of bars, same exact sizing, width etc, and have different weights based on how they are made, where material is put, how the tubes are shaped and so on.

thanks i always wanted to know that

|

12/19/2013 7:45 AM

Ah! I found one. The Primo Rebar 9” is 32.3oz and the Shadow Vultus 9” is 28.6oz. Here’s the difference. As mentioned in other posts, it depends on how they are made and what material they use to make them.

The Primo Rebar is a straight gauge tube, and the Vultus uses a 13-butted tube.

|

12/19/2013 8:29 AM

As stated above, the thickness of the tubing and size of the bars determine the weight.

|

12/19/2013 9:53 AM

Fondue wrote:

Ah! I found one. The Primo Rebar 9” is 32.3oz and the Shadow Vultus 9” is 28.6oz. Here’s the difference. As mentioned in other posts, it depends on how they are made and what material they use to make them.

The Primo Rebar is a straight gauge tube, and the Vultus uses a 13-butted tube.

Yea that what I was talking about. More of the same like for example eastern wonders years bars. 7.5 wight 27.5 and other wights 8 rise is 32.5

|