why doesnt odyssey make frames

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2013 12:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2013 12:31 PM

been thinking about this for awhile and decided to just ask
it seems like they would make some pretty legit frames and they make everything else so why not?

also are colony phantom forks anygood a friend said he sell me his for $30

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/3/2013 12:06 PM

I told them not to.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

5/3/2013 12:09 PM

he told them not to ^^^

But they do actually under the Flatware name, the Tango & the Waltz

and Sunday if you count that being a sister company of sorts

|

5/3/2013 12:20 PM

bloghogs wrote:

I told them not to.

whyyyyyyyyyy??? hahaha

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/3/2013 12:21 PM

Sunday and Odyssey are kind of the same company, therefore Sunday make them.

Like how Subrosa and Shadow are the same, but Shadow don't make frames, only Subrosa do

|

5/3/2013 12:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

he told them not to ^^^

oh yeah I didn't even think about flatware but aren't those mainly for flatland riding?

|

Murica bike check

5/3/2013 12:26 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

he told them not to ^^^

handlebar-to-face wrote:

oh yeah I didn't even think about flatware but aren't those mainly for flatland riding?

Yep. There's even 160 mm thunderbolts under the flatware name

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/3/2013 12:32 PM

Yup, Sunday are owned by Bear Corp who own Odyssey also. They are made in the same place as pretty much anything Odyssey including the Flatware stuff mentioned,

|

5/3/2013 12:34 PM

MaxN wrote:

Like how Subrosa and Shadow are the same, but Shadow don't make frames, only Subrosa do

Actually Sunday and Odyssey aren't owned by the same people. Odyssey is based in California. Sunday is based in Texas, and is owned by Jim C, who rides for Odyssey, but doesn't own it. They are very close companies though.

Shadow and Subrosa on the other hand are both owned by Ronnie Bonner.

|

5/3/2013 12:35 PM

MaxN wrote:

I know that they have Sunday, but why I thought about it was because Sunday makes parts and frames and odyssey only parts under the odyssey name
I don't know seems like a dumb question but I think a lot of people would jump on getting a frame under the odyssey name

|

Murica bike check

5/3/2013 12:47 PM

They have a marketing scheme. Not sure on specifics but basically, odyssey is a general parts company while Sunday is a mainly frame and less high end part company (not trash just not odyssey priced) and they have gsport as mainly wheels with flatware as strictly flatland. Whether they are owned by each other or not, this scheme works and all company's are reeping the benefits

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/3/2013 12:53 PM

They probably just want to stay a component company, people can have their frame sponsor and the rest of their bike can be loaded with odyssey parts. Plus with sunday, whose frames are most likely made in the same factory using the same 41 thermal heat treating theres really no need for them to.

|

5/3/2013 12:59 PM

Fad3r wrote:

They probably just want to stay a component company, people can have their frame sponsor and the rest of their bike can be loaded with odyssey parts. Plus with sunday, whose frames are most likely made in the same factory using the same 41 thermal heat treating theres really no need for them to.

First part could very well be true. That's why Tree stopped making frames, they wanted to be just a parts company again to give their riders the opportunity to have different sponsors

|

5/3/2013 3:27 PM

I blame Israel.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/3/2013 4:19 PM

andyferly wrote:

I blame Israel.

dammit I knew they had to have something to do with it

|

Murica bike check

5/3/2013 4:20 PM

andyferly wrote:

I blame Israel.

handlebar-to-face wrote:

They always do.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/3/2013 5:11 PM

MaxN wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Actually Sunday and Odyssey aren't owned by the same people. Odyssey is based in California. Sunday is based in Texas, and is owned by Jim C, who rides for Odyssey, but doesn't own it. They are very close companies though.

Shadow and Subrosa on the other hand are both owned by Ronnie Bonner.

Sunday, odyssey, gsport and flatware are all run under the bear group umbrella. They share resources SG their heat treatment techniques, engineers (yes some one in BMX does use engineers) and stuff like that.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/3/2013 5:22 PM

andyferly wrote:

I blame Israel.

handlebar-to-face wrote:

andyferly wrote:

They always do.

yep they cant rub there ballsack on our parts to make them oil slick

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

5/3/2013 7:33 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

andyferly wrote:

They always do.

WallmartBMX wrote:

yep they cant rub there ballsack on our parts to make them oil slick

Photo

I think there starting to though hahaha
|

Murica bike check

5/3/2013 10:45 PM

Fad3r wrote:

This. You'd have a bigger team with the option of just having them be a parts sponsor. It opens up a variety of options for the rider. And plus, companies who make everything usually have issues with production right? Odyssey makes alot of hardgoods to little things, I think frames would get in the way and the product designer would be on overload.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/4/2013 7:55 AM

same with shadow. its sister company is subrosa. if they made frames they wouldnt need the sister company anymore.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/4/2013 8:06 AM

Could you imagine a frame with Odyssey's warranty? Last frame you would ever buy.

|

5/4/2013 8:48 AM

BNC wrote:

Could you imagine a frame with Odyssey's warranty? Last frame you would ever buy.

Get a Sunday same warranty

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

5/4/2013 9:28 AM

Dgoulet1995 wrote:

Get a Sunday same warranty

Sunday has a lifetime warranty on frames? Didnt know haha

|

5/4/2013 3:41 PM

Because "SUNDAY"

|

5/4/2013 3:49 PM

because they're a parts company?

just a guess

|