why small sprockets? (and need help)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2008 8:28 PM

i was just wondering why small sprockets?? do you buy them for performance or looks...cuz like every one has them?? ooo and i need help on a double peg grind and how to wallride?

|

2/28/2008 8:40 PM

smaller sprockets look better and save weight, and are also stronger and dont get in the way if you grind, especially for a righty grinder with right side drive

as for double pegs, just hop and force yourself over the way you grind, and just land front peg and back peg on, then just hop off, there really easy when you get the hang of them

and wallriding .. well if your right foot forward, do them on the right side of your bike, if your left foot forward, on the left of your bike, and just get some speed and take off from the lip of the wallride, and i turn my bars to the left a little to ride the wall better, but if your left foot forward then turn them a little to the right i guess, and lean yourself away from the wall, and your bike towards the wall, and to land them, just level yourself out again, once again, there really easy once you get the hang of them

|

2/28/2008 9:05 PM

smaller sprockets also don't bash when you do tricks like stalls an disaters.

|

2/28/2008 9:05 PM

i run a 22t cause its lighter, and i ride street only and i need more acceleration that top end. plus it looks cooler

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

2/29/2008 4:31 PM

but when i double peg grind i keep putting my foot down cuz i'm trying to grind this big piece or like metal and wood?

|

2/29/2008 5:01 PM

chango5057 wrote:

but when i double peg grind i keep putting my foot down cuz i'm trying to grind this big piece or like metal and wood?

just keep your foot on, you probably take it off cause your unsure if you can do it, just go at it with confidence

and if that doesnt work, duct tape your foot on the pedal

|

2/29/2008 5:30 PM

chango5057 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

just keep your foot on, you probably take it off cause your unsure if you can do it, just go at it with confidence

and if that doesnt work, duct tape your foot on the pedal

i used duct tape when i was learning my 360 on flat ground cause i kept taking my foot off

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

2/29/2008 11:37 PM

Mainly because they save weight and you can drop in and i can't wallride or double peg grind so i can't give you any tips

|

Get out there and ride ya local trails

3/1/2008 9:53 AM

but if i tape my foot what if i fall i can get off..

|

3/1/2008 1:17 PM

i taped my foot to my pedal when i used to run pegs. i tried to double peg on my quarterpipe but when i went to take my foot off it was stuck in place...so i pulled my whole bike and ate shit into the back railing of my ramp. pretty awesome...

duct taping my feet when i three is a good idea. i can sometimes land them but normally my foot comes off around a 270. good idea...

|

this machine kills fascists

[LINK TO IMAGE]

3/1/2008 1:31 PM

about the double pegs, i just learned feebles first, there alot easier cause if you just hop ur front wheel on the backs peg almost automatically goes on, then once you get used to the feel of grinding and a little bike control u learn all the other grinds

|

throw bars all day

(oh and in case you were wondering 24.5")

3/1/2008 5:13 PM

Yer i mainly buy 25t spockets because there smaller and stronger becaue i love doing stalls and disarsters. if ya buying a 25t get the oddyssey vermont its about $45 on danscomp defenitly worth it. there unbreakable

|

3/1/2008 8:59 PM

Yo i like everyones comments about taping your feet to the pedals. Im trying to learn how to ride clipless pedals (they actually clip in though) for racing season, so i put em on my strret bike just to get used to them. it is so scary not being able to just jump off if you want lol. oh and small sprokets are just freakin awesome duh.

|

Dude I Totally Want That

3/1/2008 9:25 PM

because we live in a world where this generation and future generations want light bikes so small sprockets eqaul less weight and we all arent going to be like sean burns or caleb rucker and ride street and do bonedeth shit so 44t are pretty much going extinct

|

3/1/2008 10:54 PM

i tryed taping my foot for about 30 minutes but i busted my ass so many times

|

3/2/2008 1:15 AM

stringer, lighter and dont get caught on copings.
evryone is only getting them now because of the cassette driver. making a 9-10tooth freewheel would have been pointless. the bearing would have been so small that they would be no point in having bearings at all.

|

3/2/2008 7:03 AM

joe rides bicycles wrote:

because we live in a world where this generation and future generations want light bikes so small sprockets eqaul less weight and we all arent going to be like sean burns or caleb rucker and ride street and do bonedeth shit so 44t are pretty much going extinct

riding street witth a big sprocket blows. you break chains like daily. i dont think people not riding street has anything to do with ridng small sprockets. bottom line is that its unnecessary to run a 44-16 when you can run a 25-9 and have a practically identical gear ratio while saving weight at the same time.

|

5/12/2009 3:59 PM

all about gear ratio easyer to pedal go farther with less crank rotations

|

5/12/2009 4:00 PM

Wild_Biker74 wrote:

Hey new guy,look at the date of the post...

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

5/12/2009 4:02 PM

Wild_Biker74 wrote:

Dont bring shit back I hate that most about new people

|

Trinity Bikes Freestyle Team! Bike Check Nigga!

5/12/2009 4:59 PM

Wild_Biker74 wrote:

StreetSkeet wrote:

Dont bring shit back I hate that most about new people

.. your new

|

dont think of it as rape, think of it as surprise sex. and who doesnt love a surprise?

5/12/2009 5:21 PM

thanks for bringin back a ZOMBIE

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

5/12/2009 6:01 PM

Old Now why do we have little sprockets?

|

RIDE THE BIKE FOOL!!!!!!!!

1/4/2014 8:54 PM

I am riding 45-16 gearing and i like the older gears better.

|

1/4/2014 8:58 PM

Pease don't bump these old threads. You're not new, you know better.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/4/2014 9:05 PM

bmxjustdoit wrote:

I am riding 45-16 gearing and i like the older gears better.

you're an ugly motherfucker, don't bump old threads

|

1/4/2014 9:15 PM

i ride a 1-1 gearing so much swaq.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/4/2014 9:18 PM

7t rear hub. YOLO \m/, Fixie swag.

Photo

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/4/2014 10:14 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

7t rear hub. YOLO \m/, Fixie swag.

Photo

Needs a quarter link chain sweg.

|

1/4/2014 11:36 PM

Throw a 22 tooth sprocket on that bitch. ^

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim