why the hate?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2017 8:27 PM

lately i have seen a lot of hate in bmx specifically directed towards vloggers. i see people citing reasons such as selling out or that its not 'real bmx' or that they are just sociopaths in the making.
so my question is what do you guys think do you agree that the hate is deserved or warranted depending on the person/their actions or are you like me and just dont really get it. anyways hope the night well for you guys and thanks for showing my first post some love

|

12/2/2017 8:39 PM

These comments wouldn't happen to be from Austin Augie videos would they? laughing

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

12/2/2017 9:21 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

These comments wouldn't happen to be from Austin Augie videos would they? laughing

no just generally see it but a lot of people do hate on augie specifically

|

12/2/2017 11:44 PM

I just think it's pretty big headed and narcissistic to think anyone will actually care what they had for breakfast. Most of them say some pretty retarded stuff too.
But, they get a lot of views so maybe I'm in the minority? I'd rather just watch someone ride.

|

12/3/2017 1:28 AM

Because “These sluts try riding my bmx bike GONE WRONG IN THE HOOD”, that’s why.

|

12/3/2017 1:56 AM

A lot of people on the internet seems to have a lot of darkness inside of them that needs to come out somewhere and comments on social media is apparently a good place for that.

And when vloggers is click baiting with sexist/bullshit things like “These sluts try riding my bmx bike GONE WRONG IN THE HOOD” I think they deserve it.

Personally I hate that stuff but I came up with an amazing solution - I don't watch it!

|

12/3/2017 4:20 AM

Some of them started out ok, like Billy Perry, strapping a gopro and giving us a pow of his rides, but then they got really sideways, with full episodes of their non bmx lifes

I'm all in for POWs and bike builds, but really not interested in their daily lives.

Also, having a 10-20 minutes daily video is very time consuming for the audience, A 10 minutes, once a week video is enough

|

12/3/2017 4:59 AM

I like Spencers videos because they are mainly just him riding his bike. I also like Billy perry's as they are mostly him riding his bike and it's not so vloggy.
I think most of the hate is directed at John Hicks and Adam22 which I can understand.

|

Hmmm

12/3/2017 5:32 AM

I love spencer foreskins and Scotty video since they actually ride, I can careless for John hick or augie videos, they kinda get on my nerves, especially john hicks, he gets me to click sometimes with his damn click bait but I've learned my lesson already

|

12/3/2017 6:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2017 6:47 AM

I don't watch any of that bullshit. Only edited proper riding videos. It's just half assed lazy crap.

|

12/3/2017 7:24 AM

Yeah, my "hate" stems from the b.s. you are forced to watch with the misguided assumption that actual cool riding MUST BE in a second or two more. But instead, you are treated to more b.s. of the them eating burritos, or talking to bums. Just doesn't interest me. So, I generally, stop watching immediately.

|

12/3/2017 8:25 AM

You have to think, though. This new generation doesn't hardly watch television, or read magazines or papers. Everything is on Instagram, Netflix, and YouTube. The kids want to watch these vlogs because it's basically a reality show about their favorite riders. Vlogs in general (there's literally a vlog for anything you can think of) are the TV for the new generation. Even outside of bmx, kids nowadays just want to watch vlogs.

A lot of us older guys get our entertainment from elsewhere and just wanna watch the guys shred for 5minutes while we're on the shitter at work. & I think that's where the real difference lies. Edits are about riding & Vlogs are about the rider. A lot of people just don't care about the rider enough to watch 30mins of them talking.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/3/2017 9:24 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You have to think, though. This new generation doesn't hardly watch television, or read magazines or papers. Everything is on ...more

I get it... It just isn't for me & those who put out that sort of stuff just won't get my "business" as it were.

|

12/3/2017 9:26 AM

When a pussy starts his video drinking coffee I change the channel , I want riding not hipsters yapping at me , man up and drink a beer Larry Enticer style if your going to start a video with drinking something

|

12/3/2017 12:10 PM

Let me add.

Anyone that uses the word "Lit" as an adjective instead of a verb has instantly lost a subscription.

|

12/3/2017 5:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

When a pussy starts his video drinking coffee I change the channel , I want riding not hipsters yapping at me , man up and ...more

Ahhh the breakfast of champions. SHOTGUNNNNNNNN

|

12/3/2017 6:29 PM

jbales wrote:

Let me add.

Anyone that uses the word "Lit" as an adjective instead of a verb has instantly lost a subscription.

awesome!!!! I have instituted the "No Lit" rule in my classes at school...if I hear the word everyone's grades go to an F and to get points back they have to write a 2 page essay as to why the word used that way is so stupid, and why it makes the user also stupid...

...at first the kids though t it was a joke, but 4 "Anti-Lit" papers in, and the use has died down, at least around me

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/4/2017 12:22 AM

I discovered Austin Augie the other day. I saw his signature complete and thought it looked really nice and had great geometry but I'd never seen anything of him. Watched a load of clips on his instagram and could not figure out how on earth he has managed to get his own signature bike, I guess these riders are just extremely marketable because there's no way he had the skill or style to earn himself a sponsorship

|

12/4/2017 1:07 AM

jbales wrote:

Let me add.

sXeBMXer wrote:

awesome!!!! I have instituted the "No Lit" rule in my classes at school...if I hear the word everyone's grades go to an F and ...more

laughing laughing laughing
|

12/4/2017 6:50 AM

I actually got back into BMX because of vloggers, but...Mr. 4Skin and Scott Cranmer more than anyone else. I started watching a lot of AdamLZ videos but honestly I'm just not that into drifting. I love cars and have raced, but the drift scene just isn't for me.

I think the thing with Augie is, he's easy to hate. He's a very typical kind of NY transplant from the midwest. He's a bmxer with a modeling career which, if you know anyone with ______ career who is also a model, they'll catch shit for being a model. I see a lot of people come to NYC and kind of just re-invent themselves and their lives. I think Augie did that while also being a big personality in the youtube/bmx community.

I don't hate the guy, but I agree that I really don't wanna sit there and hear about your life while you drink coffee. Truthfully, and especially with people who really ride their bike for the love of riding, nobody gives a shit. Funny thing about people that let NYC take over, nobody here wants to hear your story, that's what LA is for, but somehow everyone in NYC THINKS everyone wants to hear what they have to say.

I will say that compared to Anthony Panza or Billy Perry, Augie is not at their level whatsoever. Better than me, but that's not saying much

I look forward most to Scotty and Spencer's videos. I love that Spencer will ride anything and is so versatile, and I love the family feel that Scotty and his friends have. Plus seeing him recover is inspiring as hell.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/4/2017 9:41 AM

I like Spencer because Husky Nation. His husky build doesn't hinder his riding. It gives me hope. Also, fuck Chad.

|

12/4/2017 9:45 AM

jbales wrote:

I like Spencer because Husky Nation. His husky build doesn't hinder his riding. It gives me hope. Also, fuck Chad.

Yeah man, I'm a big guy and I appreciate that Spencer just tries it all. Oddly, he is also REALLY good at falling. Kinda like Big Boy, they both spill a lot but rarely seem to be out of commission for too long.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/4/2017 11:08 AM

If it's not directly bmx content or at least mostly related I could not bring myself to give a shit.

|

12/4/2017 11:38 AM

MH wrote:

A lot of people on the internet seems to have a lot of darkness inside of them that needs to come out somewhere and comments ...more

yeah i agree with you theres a lot of dumb stuff out there and i just dont watch it but i see a lot of people going out of their way to watch videos from dudes they hate just to comment how much they hate them and i just dont get that mentality

|

12/4/2017 11:40 AM

Edman123 wrote:

I like Spencers videos because they are mainly just him riding his bike. I also like Billy perry's as they are mostly him ...more

yeah i think john hicks has the worst clickbait ive ever seen like worse than buzzfeed and i kinda get the hate on adam cause hes promoting drugs to kids and trying to make bmx seem like this faux hood movement

|

12/4/2017 11:42 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You have to think, though. This new generation doesn't hardly watch television, or read magazines or papers. Everything is on ...more

this is a super good point i hadnt thought of and i can totally see that cause i mainly watch youtube and stuff for entertainment and i also get that sometimes you just like a person and dont really care what they are doing you just wanna watch

|

12/4/2017 11:44 AM

jbales wrote:

Let me add.

sXeBMXer wrote:

awesome!!!! I have instituted the "No Lit" rule in my classes at school...if I hear the word everyone's grades go to an F and ...more

punishing kids cause they wanna say lit is really immature just ignore it

|

12/4/2017 11:47 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I actually got back into BMX because of vloggers, but...Mr. 4Skin and Scott Cranmer more than anyone else. I started watching ...more

yes spencer and scotty are great and make really fun videos and augie for sure is kinda a bozo as he would say but billy and malouf are his homies so i figure he cant be all bad just kinda annoying

|

12/4/2017 11:47 AM

keen66 wrote:

punishing kids cause they wanna say lit is really immature just ignore it

His class, his rules.

|

12/5/2017 1:00 PM

I have been thinking a lot of what has already been posted. I watch Foresman and Scotty a lot. Scotty's videos can be unwatchable when Big Boy tries too hard to be funny or when their games veer too far away from riding. The games of bike and add on never get old, Part of his channel's draw is the camaraderie and the guys all seem to be good guys.

I'm starting to like Foresman better and have watched some Jay Dalton's stuff which is pretty good.

Some other guys who will remain nameless appear to be scum bags I don't want to watch whether they can ride well or not.

|