will 28-9 slam with 13.50 chain stay

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2013 6:44 PM

or what gear ratio will using a regular chain

recently got the stranger day tripper and im running 25-9 with the fly tractor chain

|

4/24/2013 7:00 PM

Depends by what you mean by it working and how tight you want your chain

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/24/2013 7:05 PM

Effting wrote:

Depends by what you mean by it working and how tight you want your chain

virgin tight

|

4/24/2013 8:07 PM

28-9 is either 13.375 or 13.625.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/24/2013 8:09 PM

I have the guerra martyr and the fly chain, i have mine some what slammed if that helps you at all

|

4/24/2013 8:23 PM

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/24/2013 9:59 PM

I've used both of these.. they are very good and accurate..

27-9 is perfect for 13.5.. i ran that when i had my Deathrow frame.. 28=9 would work, but the chain will be tight as a fuck, and you'd risk ovalizing your hub shell..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

4/24/2013 10:01 PM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

27-9 is perfect for 13.5.. i ran that when i had my Deathrow frame.. 28=9 would work, but the chain will be tight as a fuck, and you'd risk ovalizing your hub shell..

I've never heard of ovalizing a hub..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/24/2013 10:17 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

It really only happens with shitty hubs or extremely beefy chains when they are over tensioned cause premature wear.. it's because there is uneven pressure applied on top of the driver when pedaling.. first you'd go through bearings every other week.. then the driver just shits itself.. it's rare but it happens..

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

4/25/2013 4:35 AM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

It really only happens with shitty hubs or extremely beefy chains when they are over tensioned cause premature wear.. it's because there is uneven pressure applied on top of the driver when pedaling.. first you'd go through bearings every other week.. then the driver just shits itself.. it's rare but it happens..

thishappen when i used a dirt bike chain on a proper 9t hub lol now i did have some fun doing sprocket stalls to ice but the drive now wobbles

27 9 hmm tobad only gay sprockets come in that size

|

4/25/2013 4:40 AM

from what im seeing here is that most frame company's are mentally the fuck retarded

|

4/25/2013 12:52 PM

tomdon wrote: http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php
http://fortytwobmx.com/bmxtech_gearratio.html

there ya go bud. that should help

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

yeah, neither have i... thats kinda weird

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/25/2013 1:00 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

thishappen when i used a dirt bike chain on a proper 9t hub lol now i did have some fun doing sprocket stalls to ice but the drive now wobbles

MDS and Tree Lite?

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/25/2013 1:03 PM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

MDS and Tree Lite?

vinnie, animal v3 and a few others too

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/25/2013 1:42 PM

The thing with the fucked up hub is noticeable when the chain starts leaving grooves on the hub indicating it's too tight, then the driver might begin to skip a few times, which is something a brand new driver should not do at all.. left unchecked, it becomes a huge problem..

27-9 gearing feels so amazing for street and the MDS is among the greatest sprockets ever made.

|

-- Jean Rostand

4/25/2013 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/25/2013 6:47 PM

Problem is that to know what length a certain gearing & number of links is going to be, you need to have a perfectly straight chainline (eyesight is too unreliable, only accurate way is maths), a new chain and new driver/sprocket that all fit together properly (some chains interfere)

The average BMXer won't satisfy these requirements

A worn chain, driver or sprocket will make it longer, interference and chain misalignment will make it shorter

Edit: I actually meant to post this on the "I'm a firm believer" thread, but looks like it'll be useful to this thread too. Here's a rear end length calculator link anyway, just bear in mind the above commentary

http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php?maxRing=30&minRing=25&maxCog=10&minCog=9&stayLen=13.5&wheelDiam=19.15&isMetric=0&display=table&useHalfLink=1&stretch=0.00&axleAdjust=vert&sortKey=Stay_length

|