will a bike shop....

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2010 7:14 PM

My left pedal is stuck on the crank... at least i cant get it off either can my dad... do u think if i take it to a bmx shop they will break it loose for free?

|

12/22/2010 7:15 PM

YES!!!

|

12/22/2010 7:15 PM

Prolly not for free.

They charge for everything now adays.

|

My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

12/22/2010 7:17 PM

no. happened to me and just said buy new cranks. so heres what you do. take your whole crank off, and soak it in a bowl of wd40 for like an hour take it out, put it back on ur bike, then stand it up right annd put the pedal closest to the ground and jump on the crescent wrench. this should loosen it and then you can easily muscle it off and then buy some new pedals and some anti seize lubricunt!!!!!

|

12/22/2010 7:17 PM

probably. if not just put a pipe on your wrench to get more torque and pull down hard. make sure you're not twisting the wrong way. i dont remember which one is reverse threaded but one of em is! haha

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

12/22/2010 7:20 PM

Skooter wrote:

probably. if not just put a pipe on your wrench to get more torque and pull down hard. make sure you're not twisting the wrong way. i dont remember which one is reverse threaded but one of em is! haha

ya i made sure haha i looked it up and everything spent like 2 hours trying... ima take it to a shop tomorrow and hopefully theyll do it for free cuz my mom said she wont pay them haha...

|

12/22/2010 7:21 PM

collin86 wrote:

no. happened to me and just said buy new cranks. so heres what you do. take your whole crank off, and soak it in a bowl of wd40 for like an hour take it out, put it back on ur bike, then stand it up right annd put the pedal closest to the ground and jump on the crescent wrench. this should loosen it and then you can easily muscle it off and then buy some new pedals and some anti seize lubricunt!!!!!

ill try that if they wont do it for free.. wuts anti seize lub?

|

12/22/2010 7:26 PM

collin86 wrote:

KTM339 wrote:

stuff that never comes off your hands, or dick. Photo

|

12/22/2010 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2010 7:29 PM

Will they try to take off, yes. Now will they do it for free, doubtful.

|

12/22/2010 7:29 PM

or put the crank in a vice, and get a big ass hammer a pound the pedel off and heat up the pedel boss and drive it out

|

sittin on the porch with a fresh pair a shoes~!

refs: hunthobb2

12/22/2010 7:30 PM

collin86 wrote:

lol

|

12/22/2010 7:31 PM

pedals are so hard to take off. im not joking it takes me like 3 days.

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

12/22/2010 7:31 PM

how much do u think theyll charge?

|

12/22/2010 7:33 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote:

it looks like the guy that had them b4 me used lock-tight and then baked it in:/ ima beat his ass if i cant get the pedal out

|

12/22/2010 7:41 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote:

KTM339 wrote:

it looks like the guy that had them b4 me used lock-tight and then baked it in:/ ima beat his ass if i cant get the pedal out

sometimes i just forget which way to screw it off! haha. good luck getting it off bro!

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

12/22/2010 7:43 PM

heat it with a blow torch. Its a little trick called thermal expansion. I had the same problem and broke the wrench before i could get the pedal off. Then i heated it up and it came off smooth as butter.

|

12/22/2010 7:44 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote:

sometimes i just forget which way to screw it off! haha. good luck getting it off bro!

haha on the right one i was trying for like 30 min then realized it was the wrong way haha.. i felt like a dumb-a

|

12/22/2010 7:45 PM

parkergolden wrote:

heat it with a blow torch. Its a little trick called thermal expansion. I had the same problem and broke the wrench before i could get the pedal off. Then i heated it up and it came off smooth as butter.

wont that weaken the crank?

|

12/22/2010 7:47 PM

My shop does it for free.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

12/22/2010 7:47 PM

collin86 wrote:

KTM339 wrote:

collin86 wrote:

Why would this ever be on your dick

|

Never mind Yup you know what, I am a retarded pussy who goes on BMX-Forum that's touching myself and should have gotten a Kink Liberty or sanded down my own stem or bars, but I'm not sure which one because I am a noob.

Now you know me.

12/22/2010 8:03 PM

parkergolden wrote:

KTM339 wrote:

wont that weaken the crank?

doubt it

|

12/22/2010 8:05 PM

parkergolden wrote:

doubt it

ill try it as my last resort haha

|

12/22/2010 8:08 PM

are you putting new pedals on?

|

get fucked.

12/22/2010 8:11 PM

free shirts wrote:

ill buy some new ones tomorrow when i go to the shop if they have blue ones... or ill put my old purple metal hamiltons on for now

|

12/22/2010 8:11 PM

free shirts wrote:

KTM339 wrote:

ill buy some new ones tomorrow when i go to the shop if they have blue ones... or ill put my old purple metal hamiltons on for now

...so you were just taking off your pedals to take them off?

|

get fucked.

12/22/2010 8:13 PM

free shirts wrote:

...so you were just taking off your pedals to take them off?

no.. im rawing my cranks.. plus they are cracked so i was just gonna put my hamiltons for a lil

|

12/22/2010 8:20 PM

my shop did this free for one of my friends

|

12/22/2010 8:49 PM

left side is reversed threaded, dum dum

|

BIKE CHECK!
BEEN HERE SINCE 07 TRUE OG
if you’re pegs ain’t steel, you ain’t real
refs- way to many just ask around
FLICKR
CRAZY MAAZY

12/22/2010 8:53 PM

Twisted654 wrote:

Will they try to take off, yes. Now will they do it for free, doubtful.

Depends on the shop, and who is working. Some will, some won't.

Are you turning it clockwise when removing it? The left pedal is reverse threaded, meaning lefty tighty, righty loosey.

Spray it with some penetrant (WD might work) then if paint doesn't matter, have your dad help you by heating it up some with a torch. Then carefully try to break it loose.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/22/2010 9:00 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Depends on the shop, and who is working. Some will, some won't.

Are you turning it clockwise when removing it? The left pedal is reverse threaded, meaning lefty tighty, righty loosey.

Spray it with some penetrant (WD might work) then if paint doesn't matter, have your dad help you by heating it up some with a torch. Then carefully try to break it loose.

alright i rawed them so the paint wont matter so i guess ill try that.. would u recommend taking it to a shop first?

|