will it work

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2014 2:47 AM

I ordered a fit wifi frame and a fiend reynolds stem. I have a Sunday Morning 2.1 fork. Will the stem fit on the fork without putting any spacers?

|

7/27/2014 5:07 AM

i have no idea. try it when you get them. depending on the style of the fork you might be able to cut it down just a little so that you can run the stem all the way down. i just cut mine down about 1/4 inch so i could get the stem lower.

|

i ride to stay young

7/27/2014 6:03 AM

Can almost garrentee it will need spacers. But the Sundays are like the Odyssey's very easy to cut down

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/28/2014 8:29 AM

The shadow grande headset is meant to run on uncut forks but does add a little height..maybe an option for you

|

7/28/2014 9:57 AM

I love the "cut the steer tube to lower the stem but then get gigantic bars to compensate for the lack of spacers" trend these days.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2014 10:03 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I love the "cut the steer tube to lower the stem but then get gigantic bars to compensate for the lack of spacers" trend these ...more

LOL! I kinda do not like the look of big bars (9-11) unless im tall like 6ft up. I'd rather have a couple of spacers. I just saw a guy with a modified Xposure bar, extended the rise to 11.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/28/2014 2:23 PM

I run tens and no spacers but not because it's a trend, because it's what I like..being 6' tall, bigger bars feel so much better to me. They bring me back a bit so I'm not so forward on the bike and I don't like the look of a stack of spacers..Idk that's just me..lol..maybe I am trendy..fuck!!

|

7/28/2014 3:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2014 3:50 PM

lbphillyrider wrote:

I run tens and no spacers but not because it's a trend, because it's what I like..being 6' tall, bigger bars feel so much ...more

So trendy.

hahahahaa

I just find it funny when all these kids here do that "Imma cut my steer tube down, then get some HUGE bars"

Half the time the kids setup is exactly the same height.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2014 4:06 PM

lbphillyrider wrote:

I run tens and no spacers but not because it's a trend, because it's what I like..being 6' tall, bigger bars feel so much ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

So trendy.

hahahahaa

I just find it funny when all these kids here do that "Imma cut my steer tube down, then get some HUGE ...more

Haha fkn trendwhore!! Lol..yeah I hear ya..if it's done for a reason that's one thing but to do it for looks would be silly..I really don't like the bars looking so big but they feel good so I guess I'm stuck with them

|

7/29/2014 8:29 AM

lbphillyrider wrote:

The shadow grande headset is meant to run on uncut forks but does add a little height..maybe an option for you

if I use an odyssey (i guess?) headset from a stock bike - sunday aaron ross am 2012
do you think there is any hope that it might work without spacers? :d

and 8.7 are not gigantic bars. its not like 10 inches lol

|

7/29/2014 9:07 AM

Try it.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/29/2014 11:38 AM

I don't know..I have the sunday octaves and had to cut it to run no spacers..your just gonna have to try it..and why does it have to have no spacers?? One or two is no big deal

|

7/29/2014 11:46 AM

lbphillyrider wrote:

I don't know..I have the sunday octaves and had to cut it to run no spacers..your just gonna have to try it..and why does it ...more

lol i used to run 7.75 bars and so many spacers that my front was taller than my friends 9.5 bars no joke

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/30/2014 3:26 AM

and can I put the spacers on top, above the stem?

|

7/30/2014 3:47 AM

kisame2660 wrote:

and can I put the spacers on top, above the stem?

Yes you can' I did that with my flatland bike

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.