will my stickers peel off

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2015 4:55 AM

Will my stickers peel off if i wash my bike with soap and a sponge??

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

10/1/2015 7:06 AM

No they shouldn't unless they are old and already peeling but in that case it would be best to take them off anyway. I probably wouldnt use soap, when I clean my bike I use a wet wash cloth or one with bug slide (something similar will work I just have this for motorcycles). If you have heavy dirt/mud and have to spray it with water make sure you regrease your bearings and do not spray water directly at the bearings also clean and lube your chain after washing.

|

10/1/2015 7:19 AM

heat gun + rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

10/1/2015 8:22 AM

Usually i just don't give a fuck and spray my bike down with the hose and shake it lmfao, no if the stickers aren't paper it shouldn't effect it.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/1/2015 12:22 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

heat gun + rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover

won't a nail polish remover damage paint though?

I used to use lighter fluid to remove those sticky residue from stickers.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

10/1/2015 3:28 PM

Nope, if they're peeling around the edges though they might start to, and the peeled parts won't stick again.

If they're crappy paper stickers they probably will though or at least look real shitty and bubbly when you're done.

I use sunlite polish on my bike every now & then and all my stickers stay on, I try to avoid soap and water personally.

|

10/1/2015 3:49 PM

planning to clear coat over my stickers when my new frame comes.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

10/1/2015 4:44 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

planning to clear coat over my stickers when my new frame comes.

if everything goes as planned ill be grabbing a fit hoodbird tomorrow stripping all the stickers and doing a matte plastidip clearcoat on it so it wont ever rust

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

10/1/2015 9:56 PM

If you're anal buy a Muc Off kit from your local . Mine has some special double kit and it cleans , protects , and lubes or something . It makes gunk stay off as well . It's like 30$

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/2/2015 6:35 AM

I use windex and a rag to clean my bike. It helps make the brakes work better too smile

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/2/2015 7:38 PM

goof off or goo gone for removing stickers. works like a charm...

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

10/3/2015 6:53 AM

I dont want my stickers to come off, and by stickers i mean the original frame decals. On one of them all the edges are peeling. And i ask coz im gona take apart and clean and regrease everything for the first time

|

10/3/2015 2:55 PM

SteezOnLock wrote:

I dont want my stickers to come off, and by stickers i mean the original frame decals. On one of them all the edges are ...more

If they're the factory ones, they should stay on aside from the edges that are peeling. What I do when I wanna keep the sticker but don't want that edge to keep peeling is just take a razor and slice that edge off.

Cleaning it should be fine as long as you don't scrub the hell out of it. Just mix soap & water in a spray bottle, spray it on, then wipe it down with a rag or something

|

10/3/2015 9:03 PM

SteezOnLock wrote:

I dont want my stickers to come off, and by stickers i mean the original frame decals. On one of them all the edges are ...more

super crystal clear packing tape can help just make sure you buy the really good stuff and lay it on smooth over the sticker if your frame is glossy you'll barely be able to see it up close, and can give you some more edge to cut off before you get to the actual sticker. like SundayBMXRR had said.... still i would just get a premium clear coat(like from an autostore a 19.00 one) and spray over them... will be doing that on my next frame i think... But I have used the tape before and it works! better with a gloss frame, which i found out since mine is a matte black.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

10/4/2015 10:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2015 10:15 AM

my frame is a clear raw frame {bsd passenger}....il try that tape idea, sounds good. I use clear tape to hold the brake cables to the frame and u cant see that tape, so it should work sweet

|