wippermann chain/titanium sprocket

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2020 6:01 AM

new chain time for me. I'm looking at the wippermann IG8 because ridiculously big and strong, but idk if its a sin to ride an old, almost collectable, chain like that?

im also looking at that ti sprocket brant Moore has featured because my sprocket isn't even a year old and the guard/teeth are basically non-existant and ti=sparks

thoughts?

|

6/30/2020 6:17 AM

Big doubts that an ig8 would work with a full guard sprocket

|

6/30/2020 6:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 6:28 AM

by the looks of it on this picture its about 4mm, and a 4mm Allen just about fits in between my sprocket/guard, so it should do (barely)

Photo

|

6/30/2020 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 6:38 AM

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/30/2020 6:42 AM

$130 dollar sprocket.... you crazy man.

get the shadow supreme. that thing ain't breaking.

|

6/30/2020 6:43 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

You can buy it here:

...more

that website looks hilarious i love it. pretty cheap compared to the other ones I've found so Ill probably get it from there. I'm kinda waiting on my whole drivetrain to die first, since everything is so worn it probably wouldn't work too good with brand new parts

|

6/30/2020 6:46 AM

jmz313 wrote:

funny because me and all my friends got shadow supreme sprockets and we all broke em lol

i need a 7000 series sprocket at least, 6000 is just too soft.. however the idea of titanium and sparks interests me a lot

|

6/30/2020 3:01 PM

Jessentis wrote:

funny because me and all my friends got shadow supreme sprockets and we all broke em lol

i need a 7000 series sprocket at ...more

Shadow supreme is a chain

|

6/30/2020 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 4:28 PM

jmz313 wrote:

Jessentis wrote:

HtownGetDown wrote:

Shadow supreme is a chain

|

6/30/2020 3:17 PM

Wippermann makes great chains, but the IG8 may have trouble on a 9-tooth driver. Too big to seat properly on a small driver. I haven’t tried personally but have read about others having this problem.

|

6/30/2020 4:33 PM

Furyus George wrote:

Wippermann makes great chains, but the IG8 may have trouble on a 9-tooth driver. Too big to seat properly on a small driver. I ...more

That's definitely going to be an issue.

|

7/1/2020 9:13 AM

Shadow chains and the fly tractor chain have always held up for me. I do a lot of sprocket stalls with no guard and broke chains in under 6 months till these ones

|

7/1/2020 9:29 AM

jmz313 wrote:

Jessentis wrote:

Sounds like extreme user error

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit