wishbone chainstay?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2013 4:05 PM

I was recently on the fitbikeco website and i was browsing the frame section and i stumbled across Tommy Dugan's frame. Its pretty nice and all but the "low profile wishbone" made me wonder. What are the advantages to it over the chainstay with the three tubes? I looked over on google but i couldnt find anything (nothing informative at least) which was weird because google has everything right? So what are the advantages to it over the other type of chainstay with the tubes welded together?

|

12/26/2013 4:18 PM

supposed to be stronger i guess.

|

12/26/2013 4:19 PM

Stronger both vertically and laterally. Also feels a lot stiffer. Plus it allows for more sprocket clearance without taking away any tire clearance.

|

12/26/2013 6:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2013 6:59 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Stronger both vertically and laterally. Also feels a lot stiffer. Plus it allows for more sprocket clearance without taking ...more

take it from this dood
smart as fuck engineering student, he knows his shit

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/26/2013 7:26 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Stronger both vertically and laterally. Also feels a lot stiffer. Plus it allows for more sprocket clearance without taking ...more

This is true.....but really your going to have to be crashing gigantic jumps to even warp or break non wishbones......the guerra I'm riding is the first frame I've rode without a wishbone since my fly diablo and its doing awsome for taking a beating .......but if I had a choice it would be wishboned ........the Jason enns tenth anniversary frame with double wishbones looked rad

|

12/26/2013 9:22 PM

Double wishbones are for real men

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

12/26/2013 11:46 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

take it from this dood
smart as fuck engineering student, he knows his shit

This warmed my cold heart. smile

@eskimojay: True, but non-wishbone frames are easier to twist over time. My Verde Cartel Kiraly has a bent rear end and has always been really flexy. Have a Barcode on pre-order and can't wait to ride it and see how stiff it is, no homo.

|

12/27/2013 12:12 AM

allaround stronger

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/27/2013 6:20 AM

Best thing about them is the sprocket clearance. Run a bigger sprocket with out a shit house chain line

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/27/2013 6:03 PM

Thank you all for your infos I have been educated ;D

|