worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2013 2:59 PM

I know my bikes, but I honestly want to get this seeing as that my bike is shittier than what this bike can turn out to be

the bike i want to get: http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-DK-The-Machine-Unisex-BMX-Bike-Red/20658257

my bike:
Photo
what I can tell from what it has in the picture which make me interested

front end:
-decent grips (for replacements/spares)
-gyro/detangler brake setup
-decent looking stem, looks pretty compact
-decently designed forks
-super grippy front tire (hopefully a medium pressure... somewhere around 65psi)

middle portion of the bike:
-seat/seat post combo (padded with a little padding, but who knows how comfy it will be?)
-simple seat clamp, has a larger bolt from what it looks like which is good for not stripping
-mid bottom bracket, I honestly think it might just be, because the bottom bracket shell looks smaller
-solid looking cranks (made of chromoly)
-good pedals, honestly I like dk pedals
-the chain? eh who cares, it's just a plain ol' kmc chain
-25 tooth sprocket

rear end:
-clear brake pads and a u-brake... possibly tektro
-14mm rear axle, either a sealed or semi-sealed hub, but who honestly knows

I do not have much to say on the rear end

but here is what I AM going to change and what part it will be

-handlebars -change to- Fiction Troop Bars (8.65" rise -/- 27.5" wide **I cut them**)
-front tire -change to- 2.15 Colony Agenda Tire (110psi, I ride around 90-100 generally)
-brake lever -change to- Odyssey Monolever (with the "trigger" lever)
-front wheel -change to- Hoffman Generator Complete Wheel (sealed female axle, double walled rim)
-grips -change to- Colony Much Room Grips (flanges cut off)

overall It looks like a really upgrade friendly bike and I am looking for something like that

but what is the Vital Bmx Communities thoughts?

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

7/2/2013 3:07 PM

lol

|

Boldly going nowhere.

BIKE CHECK.

7/2/2013 3:20 PM

What's up with all the trolls lately......

If you aren't a troll everyone knows walmart bikes, skateboards are shit....

|

7/2/2013 3:24 PM

"The DK The Machine 20" BMX Bike is ready to shred! Whether taking a zip around town or zooming down an unpaved dirt road, this fun-to-ride unisex bike will take you on an adventure. The dirt-style BMX tires grip the road ahead of you for an easy ride, and the padded seat keeps you comfortable while zipping along."

so much cringe

|

Boldly going nowhere.

BIKE CHECK.

7/2/2013 3:30 PM

That is clearly not 25t. Try 39+

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/2/2013 3:35 PM

this dude clearly know his bikes haha

personally I wouldn't get it DK has kind of gone to shit especially their walmart line buut if you like it get it

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/2/2013 3:46 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

this dude clearly know his bikes haha

personally I wouldn't get it DK has kind of gone to shit especially their walmart line ...more

well I know this bike can and will most likely turn out to be a complete piece of shit, I really am just looking for something cheap that I can still upgrade

i mean what would make you feel more bad about, breaking a 150 dollar complete bike's part, or some 300+ dollar complete bike's part, what is wasted more

also what I mean by "I know my bikes" is, knowing what will clearly be a piece of shit over what would not be piece of shit, obviously if it is from walmart you can already imagine it would not last compared to the some of the cheapest bmx bikes you can find in an actual shop

I started with a haro f3 2009 (the year was 2010) complete and upgraded it until i just got sick and tired of it, then by the end of 2010 I ended up getting all the "better end" parts (such as shadow bars, volume pivotal seat, duo stunner 2.2 tires, hoffman spc aluminum pegs, etc) from that haro and moving onto a Verde Cartel 1 custom build... well almost custom, the only non truely custom part on it was the spokes and hubs because it was the fit flow wheelset, but it did have alienation 440 rims on it so that was cool

anyway I am not trying to rant or anything I just have a very good idea between shitty parts and good parts

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

7/2/2013 3:48 PM

NOGOODNAME wrote:

"The DK The Machine 20" BMX Bike is ready to shred! Whether taking a zip around town or zooming down an unpaved dirt road, ...more

I think the uni-sex part makes it much better!

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

7/2/2013 3:48 PM

tomdon wrote:

That is clearly not 25t. Try 39+

you were right on the money with the picture of my bike, it is a 39 tooth, I never said I had a 25 tooth sprocket, the list of parts that i pointed out ("front end, middle portion, rear end") was listed off of bike in the link

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

7/2/2013 3:51 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

What's up with all the trolls lately......

If you aren't a troll everyone knows walmart bikes, skateboards are shit....

I am not I just want something cheap that I know has modern sizes & geo, not a bike with 2 billion pieces of metal holding the frame together, i mean it has a mid bottom bracket from what it looks like, standard headtubes are not a problem with me, and the 14mm dropout is the set standard of bmx (pretty much everything EXCEPT flatland)

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

7/2/2013 3:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2013 3:53 PM

NOGOODNAME wrote:

"The DK The Machine 20" BMX Bike is ready to shred! Whether taking a zip around town or zooming down an unpaved dirt road, ...more

tito24 wrote:

I think the uni-sex part makes it much better!

yea that is a pretty stupid and pointless thing to say

EDIT: "yea that is a pretty stupid and pointless thing to say, about the "uni-sex" part"

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

7/2/2013 3:57 PM

to many trolls today.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/2/2013 4:01 PM

Don't.

Just no.

Never.

Craigslist a better option.

Don't even bother.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/2/2013 4:06 PM

if you MUST waste money on a walmart bike, at least get this one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Mongoose-Scan-R70-Pro-Freestyle-Boys-BMX-Bike/24246815

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/2/2013 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2013 4:13 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

if you MUST waste money on a walmart bike, at least get this one.

...more

well my max budget currently is 170 and I just want something to flow around with, this is a bike i will be riding for when i am in california, this wont be a bike i will be trying to put tons of riding into and tons of stress on the parts

|

My Youtube / RainBMX

7/2/2013 4:23 PM

|

It’s all bmx

7/4/2013 3:31 PM

Photo
|

7/4/2013 3:57 PM

No.