7/26/2013 4:53 PM

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/26/2013 5:00 PM

Mine just came in! They are awesome!!! Definitely not my lightweight Rhyno Lite XLs though. The machined sidewall is neat. Basically, they machine grooves into the sidewall that resemble a record. They improve braking.

Photo

|

7/26/2013 8:32 PM

or you could get and odyssey quadrant for the same price off dans

|

CHECK OUT MY BIKE CHECK IF YOU LIKE IT, LIKE IT

http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/Enter-Name-Here,105037/setup,84060

7/26/2013 11:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2013 11:03 PM

Enter Name Here wrote:

DO NOT get the Quadrant. No no no.

The Quadrant is overpriced. It is pinned. For those who don't know, that means when then bend the rim around; and instead of welding the ends together to make a loop, they use metal pins and jam them into one end and then jam the other end onto the pins. So basically, 4 little thin metal pins are responsible for holding your wheel together. Dangerous.

Get those Sun Big Ballers suggested above for a great deal!

|

7/28/2013 2:04 PM

Enter Name Here wrote:

VinKreepo wrote:

The Quadrant is overpriced. It is pinned. For those who don't know, that means when then ...more

Actually your Spokes hold it together. I have ridden a rim that was pinned and the pins BROKE. The rim didn't implode or fall apart, it just ate my brake pads and RARELY creaked. The pins just keep things together side to side when it is not tensioned totally.

Now if you cased really bad on that exact spot you might have an issue. But that is tough to do.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2013 7:21 PM

Enter Name Here wrote:

VinKreepo wrote:

The Quadrant is overpriced. It is pinned. For those who don't know, that means when then ...more

The Quadrant rims are plenty strong. yes, they may be pinned but its not a simple weak rim. Many pro's have tested this rim and its held up. I have friends who ride singled walled, pinned rims...and these are big guys who trash their bike daily. These are older men who dont put a lot of money into their build but ride as hard as any one of us. It surprises me at times how well the rims hold up. While single wall rims are not my preference, if they hold up for them, the quadrants will definitely hold up for a lot of riders. I know hoang tran was riding one as a front rim for a long time..If youre not riding at a pro level and destroying rims on the regular, these rims will be perfect.. Dont let them being a pinned rim fool you. Welded rims can also separate at the joint.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/28/2013 10:59 PM

Tbh the 7up is the best deal 7000 series T-6 aluminum & welded MUCH better than the quadrant.
Second best is the Big Baller

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest