wrap around vs. individual springs for cassette hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2011 8:55 AM

whats better, and is 3 pawls better than 4 pawls

|

4/11/2011 11:47 AM

i prefer 4 pawl. i started with a haro x5 3 pawl hub, it skipped frequently and didnt last too long. then i had an odyssey v3, also a 3 pawl. it was a little better, but my favorite of all has been my primo mix. 4 pawl, consistent engagement, lasted very long now, and its only skipped 4 or 5 times in a year

|

4/11/2011 11:48 AM

individual springs like the primo and profile are miles better than wrap around springs. and obviously 4 pawls is better because the force of pedalling is spread over 4 points rather than 3 so theres less chance of it breakin

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

4/21/2011 7:29 PM

Thanks alot really helped

|

4/21/2011 7:34 PM

basically what they said, i have a mix, hasnt skipped yet. sounds great, engagement is awesome, easy to service too

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

4/21/2011 7:38 PM

4 pawls. individual springs

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

4/21/2011 7:39 PM

my tree hub has 3 pawls with a wraparound spring.....it has never skipped in well over a year.

|

4/21/2011 7:44 PM

i love how you're all saying that 4 is better than 3 but when a thread comes up what is the best hub most of you would say ratchet. IRONY. haha i love my ratchet and its 3 pawls.

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

4/22/2011 2:49 PM

3 pawl hubs like the Ratchet and Odyssey V3 use all three pawls engaging at once.

Most 4 pawl hubs use just 2 pawls engaging at once (they work in opposed pairs and alternate).

3 pawl also creates a self centring effect which is beneficial...

G.

|

4/22/2011 3:01 PM

Gsport George wrote:

3 pawl hubs like the Ratchet and Odyssey V3 use all three pawls engaging at once.

Most 4 pawl hubs use just 2 pawls engaging at once (they work in opposed pairs and alternate).

G.

Biggin up gsport eh?

But people saying gsport are always best hubs but have a wrap around spring, they are better because they are extremely superior in design, while most other 3 pawl hubs arent as good as the few 4 pawl hubs.

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

4/22/2011 11:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2011 11:06 PM

Gsport George wrote:

G.

Chris_Pendlebury wrote:

Biggin up gsport eh?

But people saying gsport are always best hubs but have a wrap around spring, they are better because they are extremely superior in design, while most other 3 pawl hubs arent as good as the few 4 pawl hubs.

LOL thats the real G.

Individual springs over c-clip anyday

|

4/23/2011 7:59 AM

element4all wrote:

basically what they said, i have a mix, hasnt skipped yet. sounds great, engagement is awesome, easy to service too

this ^

|

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker