wtf ( HELP ASAP )

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2016 3:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2016 3:38 AM

Just got my demo v2 coaster and its making a weird noise almost like a tire rubbing or something inside of the hub and when i spin the driver backwards its fine up untill a certain point (maybe a half rotation backwards?) then it gets hard/rough to spin it back wards. Any idea what it is? any help is apperciated. There is lots of grease i made sure and the lock nuts are not too tight. I looked at the ball spring on the axle, the balls (both on the same side) have a small amount of ware, like where the paint has kinda came off but i couldnt imagine that this is the problem.

|

7/1/2016 8:40 AM

Make sure your chain is not too tight

|

7/1/2016 8:47 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Make sure your chain is not too tight

My chain is not even on, i havent even put it on my bike yet because of this problem :/

|

7/1/2016 11:43 AM

Probably the splines on the clutch. Coasters will feel like shit until you break them in , keeping riding it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/1/2016 2:04 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Probably the splines on the clutch. Coasters will feel like shit until you break them in , keeping riding it

This right here.

The splines on the clutch rub a little on the clutch ring if pedaled to a certain point, and it makes noise. Breaking the hub in by riding it more will help alleviate that.

Also you could throw a bit more thin grease in the hub.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/1/2016 4:51 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This right here.

The splines on the clutch rub a little on the clutch ring if pedaled to a certain point, and it makes noise. Breaking the hub in by riding it more will help alleviate that.

Also you could throw a bit more thin grease in the hub.

Thanks, yeah its making a metal on metal noise and after half a crank backwards its harder to pedal backwards and i was just worried that if i rode it i would mess the internals up haha, when i get some grease il chuck some more on. It will be lithium grease from the lbs if i really need it.

|