wtf DK bikes?!?!?1

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2012 5:09 PM

So in the past month i have broken a pair of Dk social cranks, and tonight broke my alpha forks… For the cranks i was doing a 180 off of a 7 stair and for the forks a disaster stall on a 5 foot qt…. They told me no for a warranty on the cranks. Im not sure about the forks yet because i just emailed them. Do you guys think i got a bad batch of parts or what?

|

9/19/2012 5:10 PM

I dont know, but lately I have been hearing some bad shit about dk.

|

" When life gives you lemons, take out your dick and swing it around your head like a cowboy "

- BmxKitten

9/19/2012 5:13 PM

Yeah like what?

|

9/19/2012 5:14 PM

there sold in walmart??? lol

|

9/19/2012 5:15 PM

how long have you had them

|

9/19/2012 5:16 PM

supremelylazzy wrote:

This this this hgfsdoij

|

" When life gives you lemons, take out your dick and swing it around your head like a cowboy "

- BmxKitten

9/19/2012 5:27 PM

I've had them for like a year now

|

9/19/2012 5:32 PM

dk4eve wrote:

I've had them for like a year now

things break... especially after a year of riding them hard, so I doubt it's a bad batch but could still be possible

|

9/19/2012 5:39 PM

I have DK Social cranks and they used to be Mike Meister's. Still lasting for me.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE][LINK TO IMAGE]
PayPal Verified(;
REFs: 1of1547, Areansfsl, ScramHype, Lirider187, Blizzbikes, tito24 aka mom, ii Krxfted, Broughton, Bmx-junkie, Stoney Hawk

Shadow - Subrosa

9/19/2012 6:09 PM

Was their rust inside the cranks and forks? If so, blame that on where you live.

|

9/19/2012 6:47 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

Was their rust inside the cranks and forks? If so, blame that on where you live.

No, it's on you for riding it all up in water and shit like that.. If it was snow and that made rust, I DEFINATELY can't blame you cause you're permanenetly stuck like that forever.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/19/2012 7:33 PM

Nah there wasnt rust, I treat my bike well, never ride in the rain or anything. And stuff doesn't just break. If it was a good product a year wouldn't do anything. I've seen s&m forks last for years, same with most other quality companies. I'm honestly lost at how the shit broke.

|

9/19/2012 7:35 PM

dk4eve wrote:

Nah there wasnt rust, I treat my bike well, never ride in the rain or anything. And stuff doesn't just break. If it was a good product a year wouldn't do anything. I've seen s&m forks last for years, same with most other quality companies. I'm honestly lost at how the shit broke.

How old was everything?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/19/2012 7:36 PM

dk4eve wrote:

I broke a pair of Sunday morning 2.1 forks in 8 months of having them, my second pair from warranty has lasted me 3 years now and I still run them. so it was probably a bad batch or something

|

9/20/2012 3:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2012 3:52 PM

supremelylazzy wrote:

this has nothing to do with it, companies like Schwinn, Mongoose, DK, etc have 2 separate branches when it comes to their bike lines. 1 line they'll sell in box box stores (Walmart, Dicks, REI, etc) and the other are their high-end bikes. I raced mountain bikes for years and have ridden some high-end Mongoose XC bikes and the newer kids on the trails thought i was crazy for bringing my shit to Park City...it's not the cheap shit Wally World sells, these are the ones that are hand welded full chromo frames and that's why they're $3500 bikes.

|

9/20/2012 6:35 PM

I also ride MTB thats why i knew DK was good regardless of were or how they sell. but apparently i proved my self wrong. i sent a picture and the representative thought i had race forks.... the cut out clearly shows that they are alphas. so im not sure if ill get a reply much less new pair. but ill let eveyone know how their customer services is. because to me thats what makes a good bmx company.

|

9/20/2012 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2012 7:12 PM

im sure dks high end expensive bikes kick ass.......drew bezanson , maddog ,and jamie bestwick ride for them........gotta pay their wages somehow.....who cares if theyre lower end bikes get sold at wal mart......dont buy your bikes at walmart

|

9/20/2012 7:33 PM

Dude news flash dk has always been a shity company since day one, and as far as the walmart thing go's it shows how low they are and pathetic when it comes to even trying to provide good parts

|

9/20/2012 7:34 PM

sbc785 wrote:

this has nothing to do with it, companies like Schwinn, Mongoose, DK, etc have 2 separate branches when it comes to their bike lines. 1 line they'll sell in box box stores (Walmart, Dicks, REI, etc) and the other are their high-end bikes. I raced mountain bikes for years and have ridden some high-end Mongoose XC bikes and the newer kids on the trails thought i was crazy for bringing my shit to Park City...it's not the cheap shit Wally World sells, these are the ones that are hand welded full chromo frames and that's why they're $3500 bikes.

I wasnt really shiting on DK, although the "lol" and multiple ? made it seem that way, i'm sure. Just meant to answer the ?, Kitten said he heard bad things lately, dude asked what things. Thats usually what you hear bad about DK these days, whether its justified or not.

On the Wally world route, I agree and disagree. While companys that go this route can still make nice stuff thats suitable for most riders(including myself). Most, GT, schwinn, DK, have all done it because they needed to not cause they wanted to. When the company is in "survive mode" even the top shelf product takes some hit in quality. Its the mentality of the company at that point, not whether it can or cant be done.

|

9/20/2012 7:40 PM

Their "survival mode" is outsourcing to even shittier shops in Taiwan to lessen the overall cost of the bike to be able to put the $200 price tag on it. That's why kids buy ANY $200 complete, break it and then ask why the company is such junk....that's what's gonna kill a lot of companies such as DK and Mongoose. I mean, we all know that Schwinn was once one of the best companies in the industry (most of you are too young to remember the ProStock and the Predator...i still have a ProStock race frame actually) anyway, this new generation of riders see Schwinn as a big box store brand and it's junk. The only sad thing is that those companies seem just fine with that because for every 10 Stolen, Fit, Kink bikes, or even Easterns there are probably 200 Mongoose bikes bought from Walmart.

|

1/6/2016 2:40 AM

I saw rust inside my Sunday forks, what do I do because I don't want them to break.

|

1/6/2016 4:24 AM

sunday bike company wrote:

I saw rust inside my Sunday forks, what do I do because I don't want them to break.

There's no such thing as rust in Las Vegas??? Bury them 6 feet deep before someone finds out

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/6/2016 11:39 AM

dk4eve wrote:

It could have been defective from the factory, but 2 different parts? Unlikely. And I would hope cranks and forks would last more than a year of riding with today's advancements in manufacturing . Unless you throw or abuse your bike.

I wouldn't lump DK parts in with S&M though, I would say there is a sizable difference in quality from parts coming out of whatever overseas shop DK uses and "The warehouse". Even if they did honor the warranty, would you want to those parts again?

|

1/6/2016 11:50 AM

And about DK bikes, IMO, they were big in the early 2000s. I remember the DK General Lee was THE bike to have, but it's obvious they aren't doing as well these days. Look at the DK offering on Danscomp. I don't think a hi-end bike company would choose to sell their stuff in a dept store unless they had to. And a company struggling like that would no doubt cut corners in manufacturing as sbc785 mentioned.

I think it's great that better quality bikes are more available to the gen pop at wallmart at better prices, but if they are going to do this, they should stay in that market.

My recommendation is to go with parts that have a strong track record and have somewhat of a reputation for being strong, strength tested, etc. Like the Odyssey Thunderbolts, S&M pitchforks, etc.

|