Demolition Rotator CONE NUTS SEIZED

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2014 7:56 PM

Sorry for these threads. I need help.

Trying to take out my internals of my Demolition Rotator , the nut that is adjacent to the driver is stuck. I put the allen key into the axle (driver side) then got an adjustable wrench and torqued that fucker both ways and it didn't come off , not even loose. I used all my strength.

I just want to take out the internals and put a hugguard on and I can't even take the nut off. What the hell. I youtubed it and the guy just turns it easily?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 8:08 PM

Update , it's off. Internals out but they're new to me. I guess this will be my posts about my freecoaster maintence

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 8:09 PM

Grease the threads when you put it back on so it doesn't seize up like that again

|

2/9/2014 8:20 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

Grease the threads when you put it back on so it doesn't seize up like that again

Thisthisthisthis

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

2/9/2014 8:24 PM

The fucking non drive side cone nut is on SOOOO TIGHT . I used full force to remove it but my FUCKING WRENCH SLIPPED OFF. The axle is now fucked up. The threads are all fucked. Pretty poor impression Demolition...I can't even put a fucking hubguard on. Trying to take out the slack washers and fucked my axle. Lame.

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 8:25 PM

How the fuck is this shit getting all seized up and ridiculously tight if you just got it and its brand new? Pretty bad

|

My Fit

2/9/2014 8:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2014 8:36 PM

It's fucking seized. I 've been at it for 15 minutes and it won't fucking move an inch. I spend 280$ and I fuck the axle trying to remove the non drive side cone. I type here , then leave and try to get it off. I currently have 2 tabs on youtube , I'm doing it right , but it's locked on. I'm even looking at the Colony coaster howto and the guy takes it off like nothing.

LAME FIRST IMPRESSION DEMOLITION . I work out here and there , I'm not weak , my coaster is fucking seized

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 8:37 PM

If it comes to it; last resort put some liquid wrench on it and try it in the morning. Pretty lame tho

|

My Fit

2/9/2014 8:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2014 8:43 PM

Yah man. Really choked. I've done alot of research into coasters before I order one. I knew how to take it apart even before it arrived. But I can't even do that , this cone nut is STUCK. And now I might need a new axle because the threads are fucked up to shit.

I'm even watching this too ;

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 8:54 PM

Could try putting a metal pipe over the wrench to give you more leverage (this is also know as a cheater bar.)

|

My Fit

2/9/2014 8:58 PM

Something similar happened to a wheel my dad was working on, it was for a mountain bike and the freewheel that the cassette goes on had play in it so he wanted to replace it. Tried for days trying to get it off did the cheater bar thing, we tried heating it up with a torch and putting liquid wrench. Finally my dad got a impact wrench with a 120 psi compressor from his work for putting on delivery truck tires and ended up striping the socket.

|

My Fit

2/9/2014 9:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2014 10:18 AM

On another note.... http://demolitionparts.com/products/rotator-freecoaster-hub/ picture #2 has a clutch shown...

My hub does not have one?

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/9/2014 10:41 PM

Well , I got a friend to come over and help. He out the internals on the ground and yanked , HARD. He got it off in about 2 tries , he's a strong guy also.

He rides a FC and said to change cone nuts or they'll fold the bearing seal into the bearings itself because of 2 sides hitting the dropout and bending. Also he mentioned to remove some of the grease or the engagement will slip. I learned alot from him . It's all apart now !

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/10/2014 6:16 AM

This thread makes me think at first that the demo coaster is not pretty good.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/10/2014 8:06 AM

Sounds like alot of user error/improper tools/not watching videos first. Cone nuts are put on by a machine when the hubs is being built and is set to a certain torque that is usually fairly high.

When i pull a bike out of a box at the shop to be built, anything that comes pre-assembled is usually so tight it takes a few minutes to break it loose. Take your time and go slow.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/10/2014 8:13 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

On another note.... http://demolitionparts.com/products/rotator-freecoaster-hub/ picture #2 has a clutch shown...

My hub does ...more

If your hub didn't have a clutch it wouldn't engage....

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/10/2014 9:17 AM

Contact them about it? See if they would do something since it was so ridiculously tight?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/10/2014 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2014 10:56 AM

Maybe a bit late but did you watch the how to on here

http://vimeo.com/channels/demolitionparts

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/10/2014 11:27 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

If your hub didn't have a clutch it wouldn't engage....

I had the box that in came in shipping as a makeshift workplace , when I removed the axle the clutch was stuck in the hubshell. So I just shook it out and it popped out.

My friend who came over said he's been riding freecoasters for 4-5 years. He's a decently sized guy , 200 lbs plus. He had to stand on the axle and pull as hard as he could , twice. He's got some weight behind him and is pretty strong , he said it was the tightest cone nut that he's seen. Anyways he got it off in a couple tries. We changed it to max slack , he took some of the grease off saying it was too much but I slopped a bit back on after. The hubguard is on and I switched the DS cone nut (The one without difficulties) to an Ezra one , because it's fat as hell and my friend Robert said the stock cone nut is really thin and will push against the bearing washer behind it , and if you tighten the cone nut it will fold against the dropouts causing the washer to blow the bearings out.

It's fine now. But before thinking I'm a dumbass , he's been on a FC for 4-5 years and he struggled taking it off too. And he knew what he was doing.

|

My Cult 2 Short

2/10/2014 11:32 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Sounds like alot of user error/improper tools/not watching videos first. Cone nuts are put on by a machine when the hubs is ...more

I was at it for an hour , I posted here then went and tried it. I mean , it's pretty basic to put an allan key in the axle and pull a wrench , I don't really think saying user error was necessary , unless I said something like "I WD40'd my bearings and sanded my clutch down , help please"

It was just tightened as hell.

|

My Cult 2 Short