wtp royal v2 cranks vs primo powerbite vs united supreme vs DK social

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2013 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2013 3:07 PM

after thinking about what cranks would be the best for my budget, these are the "final" options.
i can get the wtp cranks for 104 pounds, the united for 99 pounds and the DK social for 108 pounds, both spindles are 19mm so i would not need to buy a new bb, i can get the powerbites for 104-113 pounds, but the spindle is 22mm, so i would have to buy a new bb, which is not really what i want to do. so, is the extra money for the bb really worth it? is the 22m spindle better than the 19mm? i'm riding the salt rookie cranks (stock), that have a 19mm spindle and i haven't had problems with it (the left arm snapped, and the cranks squeak a lot now in autumn). i have spent a lot on my bike recently so i'd like to spend as less as i can but cranks are important so i might want to go for something better. dont tell me to buy eclat tibias or thunderbolts, these are too expensive, also, please, dont tell me to buy anything from the USA as the shipment plus taxes would make it a lot more expensive.

this is how the DK social looks, if you don't know: https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/products/1889/photos/2101/s600_101824240_1271190082.jpg?1293312487

|

11/26/2013 3:02 PM

I haven't used any of the others, but powerbites are amazing.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/26/2013 3:06 PM

This is what I would get:

Wtp/powerbites
Socials
Supremes

|

11/27/2013 5:55 AM

Had powerbites those things are imbossible to break the only reason i sold them was because i neede money fast now i have wtp royal v2's have had them for about 2 years now and they have been holding up great

|

don't overthink it just do it !

11/27/2013 6:16 AM

WhipTheFlow wrote:

Had powerbites those things are imbossible to break the only reason i sold them was because i neede money fast now i have wtp ...more

how were the powerbites? did they squeak? i heard that they are a bit uncomfortable (because of the ankles) but i dont know, i might want to spend the extra money for the bb and get them if they are impossible to break

|

11/27/2013 7:33 AM

I would get the powerbites they're solid ass cranks but if you dont want to spend the money on a BB just get the wtp cranks

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/27/2013 8:19 AM

If your gonna get powerbites just go and get the Shadow Noctis cranks because their basically the powerbites but better. I have the Noctis and their amazing. Super strong and solid cranks.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/27/2013 10:05 AM

Powerbites hands down.

Although the dk cranks are actually pretty good too, i know the chopsticks cranks they made were awesome aswell.

|

11/27/2013 10:20 AM

Entre esas yo cogería las powerbites o las wtp royal, ya que he oído cosas muy buenas sobre las primo, y wtp es simplemente bueno en casi todo lo que hace. Es cierto que la shadow noctis es una version mejorada de shadow de las bielas primo. Es más, hoy me han llegado las mias :D. Si te llega el dinero yo pillaría las shadow (estan en custom riders en rojo por 89 libras), sino no puedes ir mal con las powerbites.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

11/27/2013 11:42 AM

Alloy cranks will be very very flexxy if youre even slightly heavy set.Theyll still be amazing, but for people like me, its not worth the flex. Stiff bikes for life. For the other options id go with WTP.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/27/2013 12:17 PM

Hardbmx, really? The powerbites are forged from a block of aluminium and leave a ridge on the inside of the crank to keep stiffness, its like saying you can feel your stem flex. Not trying to call you out mate but it doesnt make sense to me.

|

11/27/2013 12:20 PM

powderbites are amazing get them.. forget DK they suck ever since huffy bought them out!!

|

Life is a beach~``The bad man touched me~Kittens that like oatmeal``

11/27/2013 12:27 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Hardbmx, really? The powerbites are forged from a block of aluminium and leave a ridge on the inside of the crank to keep ...more

Im only speaking from personal experience. I rode my friends bike with near-new primos and they flexed like hell. Its just because alloy is more flexible than chromo in this case. If youre light (160-) you would never know. But for me its chromo or no-moe haha.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/27/2013 12:58 PM

shadowrider97 wrote:

powderbites are amazing get them.. forget DK they suck ever since huffy bought them out!!

DK Social cranks are good and that never happened.

|

11/27/2013 12:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2013 12:59 PM

is the extra money for the powerbites really worth it? if my stock cranks lasted 1 year and 5 months and they are shit, i think the wtp royals would last atleast 3 years, also, i will need tires in 1-3 months so if i buy the royals i would save enough for one tire

|

11/27/2013 1:06 PM

shadowrider97 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

DK Social cranks are good and that never happened.

they deff bought DK go on walmart.com unless they are making knock offs .

|

Life is a beach~``The bad man touched me~Kittens that like oatmeal``

11/27/2013 1:19 PM

And for the record- Walmart bought out DK, not Huffy. DK still makes all of their parts the same way theyve been doing them for decades, only difference is their low end completes, pegs, tires, grips, and other cheap parts are stocked at Walmart now. The social cranks were on the market before they sold out to Walmart, and theyre still made the same. You wont find any high end DK parts in a walmart (social cranks, team frames, wheels, bars, forks, etc.)

You can compare this to Adidas. Great clothing company, im sure half of you are a fan of their clothing. Well so have it, walmart stocks cheap adidas items (spray, deodorant, socks, etc.) but not their expensive items (shoes, tshirts, hats). Doesn't mean that adidas makes bad clothes.

|

11/27/2013 1:22 PM

Some of the hardest riders i know are 200+ and all are good with primos, but your case may be different i understand the flex concerns but i dont think there is that much through my own personal experience, but i always had a very old set of powerbites an haven really rode my new hollowbites as hard as i could have.

|

11/27/2013 1:25 PM

powerbites didn't squeak and they felt the same as my royal v2's do right now

|

don't overthink it just do it !

11/27/2013 1:36 PM

Primo cranks are bomb proof. But they will flex with bigger dudes. FLEX. not break. And my friends primo hollow bites had that squeaky noise but I never thought anything about it.

|

11/27/2013 2:09 PM

Debes tener en cuenta tu progresión, por ejemplo, mis bielas pueden haber durado un año y medio, pero debido a que mi progresión y a que le doy más fuerte y con mas gaps y escaleras, las mismas bielas, igual en medio año estaban petadas.
Si necesitas el dinero pilla las wtp royal, estoy seguro de aguantaran. WTP es un buena marca.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

11/27/2013 2:28 PM

My powerbites don't flex one bit! My profiles were terrible though, flexed into my frame!

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/27/2013 2:34 PM

T-rider wrote:

Debes tener en cuenta tu progresión, por ejemplo, mis bielas pueden haber durado un año y medio, pero debido a que mi ...more

ahora estoy empezando a cogerle el gusto a los gaps y le ire dando bastante yo creo, pero no se, las wtp tienen buena pinta, y las powerbites me salen por 20-30 euros mas porque tengo que comprar la bb de 22mm

|

11/27/2013 2:40 PM

T-rider wrote:

Debes tener en cuenta tu progresión, por ejemplo, mis bielas pueden haber durado un año y medio, pero debido a que mi ...more

ivancuestabmx wrote:

ahora estoy empezando a cogerle el gusto a los gaps y le ire dando bastante yo creo, pero no se, las wtp tienen buena pinta, y ...more

Yo soy muy mongo! Me gusta uso el bano.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/27/2013 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2013 3:09 PM

T-rider wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

ahora estoy empezando a cogerle el gusto a los gaps y le ire dando bastante yo creo, pero no se, las wtp tienen buena pinta, y ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

nice (doesn't really make sense :D)

|

11/27/2013 5:57 PM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

ivancuestabmx wrote:

nice (doesn't really make sense :D)

Kayete! Tu eres mongo como un unicorno! lol i only know how to say stupid things in Spanish

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling