y u hatin?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2014 5:21 PM

What's the deal with adjustable spacers? I love mine, but everyone seems to want to eliminate their existence. Just want to hear your opinion.

|

2/11/2014 5:29 PM

Apparently they break quickly, but I've never seen one do so. Also they look pretty ugly in my opinion, I cut my steerer tube down so I don't need any spacers at all & it looks flush.

|

2/11/2014 7:03 PM

Well, its a thin spacer that gets compressed a decent amount when tightened together. It also leaves your steerer tube bare and open to nature which over time will cause your steerer tube to rust which over time will eat away at the material which over time can cause your steerer tube to snap which over time can put you in the hospital which overtime can collapse and kill everyone in it.

I would personally rather have a solid spacer that keeps me alive.

No but seriously, how often do you plan on raising/lowering your bars? For christs sake, just get the right size spacer for your setup unless you are honestly going to be adjusting the spacer. I can imagine some kid in a game of bike "oh 360 off that ledge? Oh ok hold on I need to adjust my spacer for 360s"

Its a waste of money, and I cant imagine the demand for them has ever been significantly high at all. You pay $15 (?) for something that you most likely will never actually use for its intended purpose.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/11/2014 7:26 PM

Tate Roskelley can probably find a way to use the adjustable spacer in one of his tricks.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

2/12/2014 3:30 AM

Spacers doesnt weight much so you can put normal spacers instead.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx