16" Tyres

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2019 3:20 PM

My son is racing Cycle Speedway and BMX at the moment.

Cycle Speedway is basically GP speedway but using BMX bikes, for this he is riding a 16" SE Lil Ripper.
However, i believe there is a way to get some tyres for his bike that are slightly bigger then 16". Maybe 16 3/8 or a similar size, does anyone know the exact size i would be looking for and the easiest way to get some for him?

|

3/31/2019 6:39 PM

You're not going to find many, if any, racers here unfortunately. dizzy

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

6/4/2019 9:55 AM

Wenske_9 wrote:

My son is racing Cycle Speedway and BMX at the moment.

Cycle Speedway is basically GP speedway but using BMX bikes, for this he is riding a 16" SE Lil Ripper.
However, i believe there is a way to get some tyres for his bike that are slightly bigger then 16". Maybe 16 3/8 or a similar size, does anyone know the exact size i would be looking for and the easiest way to get some for him?

16" is actually the distance to the outside of the tires, not the rim size. So a fatter, taller tire will do what you want. If he is running 1.5- 1.75 (typical race width) and moves to a 2.125" he will gain about .75" in diameter. It will be a little heavier, harder to turn and have slightly higher gearing than a smaller tire.

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork