Related:
Create New Tag
bmx. bmx.
7/5/2018 5:16 PM

Just to start I can’t do a full 180 yet but I’m really struggling to to get height because I can’t seem to combine a J-Hop with the 180. I know that you’re suppose to pull up the front wheel then the rear at about 90 degrees but for me it’s just both wheels he same time and like a 130 degree turn.any advice on getting front tire up first the correct way?

grumpySteve grumpySteve
7/5/2018 10:06 PM

Don't carve too much, carving 90° is completely wrong. And do the whole motion quicker. Carve a little, hop whilst continuing to turn, suck your back wheel up and spot your landing. You should aim to be staying in a straight line, not travelling sideways. If you carve, you have to over rotate the 180 otherwise you lose all your momentum

bmx. bmx.
7/6/2018 7:58 AM
grumpySteve wrote:

Don't carve too much, ...more

I’ve been carving probably about a foot to six inches to the left I just struggle the most with being able to get it into the j hop motion. Like all the videos I’ve watched show the person lift the front wheel and spin almost a 90 completely on the rear wheel then like a bunny hop the pull the rear end into the air and finish the rotation. Mine is both wheels like 2 inches from the ground. Know anything that could help?

grumpySteve grumpySteve
7/7/2018 6:36 PM

The hop is the same as doing it straight, only you carve a little, and turn.
Compress, carve a little and lift the front wheel, hop and suck the back wheel up whilst continuing to turn, level out, drop the back wheel a bit, land and absorb. You should be at about your highest point at 90°

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals »

THE SHOP