need help with 180s

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2013 12:54 PM

i started to practice 180s a few days ago i can currently get a 90 consistently . i ask people for help and all they say is turn your head , this has not really helped me alot , does anyone have any other tips that will help me get closer to a full 180 ?

|

4/1/2013 4:54 PM

definitely turn your head and body (obviously) but also try sticking your legs out to give your back end a little extra rotation. Does that make sense? Be sure you have you're roll out's dialed as well, otherwise you will hit a whole new level of frustration when you can land backwards but can't roll out of it.

|

4/1/2013 5:56 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

definitely turn your head and body (obviously) but also try sticking your legs out to give your back end a little extra rotation. Does that make sense? Be sure you have you're roll out's dialed as well, otherwise you will hit a whole new level of frustration when you can land backwards but can't roll out of it.

ok that makes sense and is it harder to roll out from a 180 than from a foot jam

|

4/1/2013 6:01 PM

I'm not sure which is harder, are you doing a footjam to fakie on a quarter? or just on flat ground? It can be a bit more complicated since you have to coordinate putting your foot back on the pedal. I would say rolling out of a 180 is easier because your feet are already on the pedals and you can use your momentum to fakie out or half cab out real quick if you choose.

|

4/1/2013 6:07 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

I'm not sure which is harder, are you doing a footjam to fakie on a quarter? or just on flat ground? It can be a bit more complicated since you have to coordinate putting your foot back on the pedal. I would say rolling out of a 180 is easier because your feet are already on the pedals and you can use your momentum to fakie out or half cab out real quick if you choose.

i do both but with a quarter my fakie is only a couple seconds

|

4/4/2013 5:44 PM

what helped me once I was comfortable landing 90 was doing them from a standstill. I actually did this for the first time in my living room with barely enough space and surprised myself when I landed the full 180. Going as slow as possible, once I knew the bike was about to stop I torqued my body, jumped, and whipped the back end around. this taught me how to position my body and hop and spin at the same time. I still fudge the rollout tho cause I mastered rollouts to the left but have trouble whipping out my natural way. I suggest doing them as slow as possible so u can learn to control it.

|

4/6/2013 2:51 AM

Ok matey here it is, when you pull up after carving a little try and get over your bars and then swing your legs round the way your spinning then have your bars already turned a little towards the way you wanna faki out.

Another thing that helps is try doin the 180 up a curb before you learn them on flat cuz what that does is forces you to commit more and hop higher.

Even down a curb will give your bike more air time to get the move done.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12