180 help :3

Related:
Create New Tag

9/11/2011 1:06 PM

Okay so, it's my first day of riding my new bike (united su1 supreme) And well, when i try to do a 180 i just move slightly to the left dizzy im doing what all the guides tell me and trying to spin, turning my head and looking as far left as i can, turning the bars left before i do the bunny hop its just not working o.O any thoughts?

|

9/11/2011 1:16 PM

keep trying and just imagine that you want to land backwards and your body should just bring it round

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

9/11/2011 1:51 PM

are you getting the rotation?

|

"run the wall"
EAST COAST REPPIN!
610BRICKSQUAD

9/11/2011 2:05 PM

how mumch of an angle are you landing?

|

Refs : ninjacat33

9/12/2011 9:49 AM

The angle im landing at is like hardly even a tiny turn :/

|

9/12/2011 10:00 AM

get 90 degrees before your back wheel comes off the ground. then jump and just let it fall around. dont watch those dumbass how to videos, just get out and figure out what works for you.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

9/12/2011 7:23 PM

try into a bank helped me get them.

|

Refs : ninjacat33

9/12/2011 11:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2011 11:40 PM

First of all, its your FIRST day of riding, dont expect to be landing alot of tricks. For some people, it takes days, weeks, maybe months to land a 180. If you practice every day for a few hours, you should land your first one pretty soon. You should be a little more detailed, do you pick up both tires or the front first then the back, are u left foot forward or right foot forward? it took me a long ass time to land a 180, i thought all the how-to's and forum discussions would help me land one but i never really practiced outside. Are your bunnyhops any good? This is what you literally have to do: Get momentum (go slow when first trying this trick), Carve (start turning your bars in the direction you wish to turn), Compress (You dont have to do this but i like to put my weight down on my bars a bit and it helps me pick up my front end), Pick up (i recommend picking up your front tire first, it will be good in the long run especially if you start to 180 onto shit), Start turning your head/shoulder/body (Honestly, i dont even turn my head. After u land them, you will notice that your body just turns in the direction your turning), PICK UP THAT REAR TIRE!!!!! (This is why it was so fucking difficult for me to land them!!) So after you turn your bars, turn your body, and pull up the front tire, your front tire should be around 90 degrees? This is when you suck up your knees, this will help you land the other 90. Once you land the entire 180, its time to fakie/rollback/rollout (whatever the fuck u want to call it). Btw, LEARN FAKIES FIRST! For the fakie, just approach any curb (or wall, ledge, u get the idea) and when your front tire hits the curb (go slow obviously) Try to pull your bike away from the curb to get you in a backwards motion, pedal backwards, turn your bars, and pick up the front tire. I'm not going into too much detail here, its really simple. If you're like me and many others, the rotation isn't the hard part, its getting into fakie. My foot came off every single time i tried a 180 but that's because i wasn't turning enough and i was afraid of falling.

Seeing as how you just got your bike, i recommend you work on your hops first, learn to fakie, then go for the entire 180. Don't spend too much time looking up how to's and going to yahoo-answers like me (lmfao), Practice makes perfect. Hope this helps.

|

9/13/2011 6:22 AM

I rode bmx for a year before I could do real 180s where you "j-hop" into them. My advice is carve and as you're lifting up the front wheel turn your entire body backwards. that's right turn your entire body and your bike will follow. also dip your shoulders toward the way you spin. you'll get them just keep practicing.

|

9/13/2011 11:36 AM

My bunny hops are pretty good, ive had to send my bike back in for repair, (buckled wheel already -.-) Ill upload a vid of my bunny hops when it comes back :')

|