Airing Stuff

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2013 5:45 PM

I mainly stick to rails and can't air even the smallest box if my life depended on it. I feel as if I have no control whatsoever whilst in mid air. PLEASE give me some tips.

|

Aw, yisss.

12/23/2013 8:44 AM

Quit riding street

|

12/25/2013 12:49 AM

It might just be me, but if I pull my bike into me while in the air I feel a lot more in control..Or try a trick over the jump, even if its just turning your bars it also makes me feel a lot more stable

|

Bike Shop Employed
5107766739 is my #

1/3/2014 8:32 PM

Try doing a bunnyhop right before you get to the end of the jump, soon you will get the feel for it.

|

Some times I wonder...Is Jesus black?

1/6/2014 7:03 AM

The more you do it the easier it gets and im not much of a trick guy but twisting the bars in the air helps me air big shit

|

1/6/2014 5:12 PM

pull back as hard as you can. and go fast.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/6/2014 5:13 PM

go fast. and pull back hard.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/7/2014 10:59 AM

jumping box jumps is something that you need to learn the CORRECT way, otherwise it will take you a lot more time and pain to get comfortable. Dont go super fast and dont pull super hard. The more force you apply, the harder it will be to control. box/trail jumping should be smooth and easy, not forced.

First thing you should know, is that the wider your grip on the handlebars are, the more control you have. A lot of people ride flangeless grips and their hands are really close together, which is comfortable for some people, but if you're having trouble controlling yourself in the air, that could be a problem. 28" or 28.5" wide bars are pretty common widths. Buy a flanged pair of grips that are just a little bit longer than the width of your hands. This will force you to grip the bars on the very end (where they're supposed to be held).

Make marks on the top of the box... about halfway to the landing, and try to clear half of the box jump. keep doing this, nice and easy, until you are completely comfortable jumping that distance, then move it back a little bit. Before you know it, you'll be clearing the jump with ease.

When you approach the lip, make sure your feet are level.

Try to land both tires at the same time, this will get you used to adjusting your balance in the air.

If you have a bmx track close by, go ride during a practice day or if it is a public park just go ride it. BMX tracks are smaller and safer than most trails which makes learning how to pump/flow/jump a lot easier! My theory has always been, if you can haul ass on a bmx track, you can ride just about anything! Hope i helped!

|