Back hub help!!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2011 11:46 PM

i recently noticed my hub squeaking so i went to lube it and put it all back together rides fine just want to make sure i did it right could someone tell me the guidelines so i can make 100% sure if so thanks

|

Just remember mainstream is expensive. Your paying for the name, not the quality
PSN: FrozenInferno166

12/31/2011 6:23 AM

take it to a bike shop and get them to check it over

|

12/31/2011 9:06 AM

Ben_Holland wrote:

take it to a bike shop and get them to check it over

only problem is no local ones where i live

|

Just remember mainstream is expensive. Your paying for the name, not the quality

12/31/2011 9:15 AM

what hub? sealed or unsealed?, if it came on a complete, what one?

|

12/31/2011 10:28 AM

It came on a eastern growler 2011 i'm not to familier with the part terms and stuff

|

12/31/2011 10:41 AM

Bhimes166 wrote:

It came on a eastern growler 2011 i'm not to familier with the part terms and stuff

ball bearings or a ring bearing

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

1/1/2012 1:56 AM

IDK stock? i think ring bearing tho

|

1/8/2012 3:22 PM

just find out if its a sealed or unsealed hub. i have a semi-sealed back hub. stolen revolver stock wheel.. which is absolute junk. i had the same problem as you. but when i took mine apart i found that about half of the little ball bearings literally fell out of the bearing. so i just broke open a skateboard bearing a took my time placing each ball into the races and popped it all back together.. hasnt given me any trouble since.

|

1/8/2012 3:56 PM

Eskibz wrote:

just find out if its a sealed or unsealed hub. i have a semi-sealed back hub. stolen revolver stock wheel.. which is absolute junk. i had the same problem as you. but when i took mine apart i found that about half of the little ball bearings literally fell out of the bearing. so i just broke open a skateboard bearing a took my time placing each ball into the races and popped it all back together.. hasnt given me any trouble since.

It's fine now It was actually my spokes but know i am in search of a new hub so what one should i get?

|

1/8/2012 10:50 PM

what was wrong with your spokes? did they just get loose and u had to re-true the wheel? and tbh im lookin to build a whole new wheelset right now... and im buying the shadow raptor hubs... theyre strong, pretty light, come in great colors, and the rear cassette hub is really loud.. lol some people are into that.. but IMO they look really clean.

|

1/9/2012 5:44 AM

Eskibz wrote:

what was wrong with your spokes? did they just get loose and u had to re-true the wheel? and tbh im lookin to build a whole new wheelset right now... and im buying the shadow raptor hubs... theyre strong, pretty light, come in great colors, and the rear cassette hub is really loud.. lol some people are into that.. but IMO they look really clean.

Yea man the spokes where really loose i didn't think they could get louder than my cassette tho that's pretty silent and i'm looking to re-do my whole eastern and make it my own it will take awhile so i'm just going to buy part for part and put it on you can see what i'm aiming for ---V at my dream parts! let me know what you think ?

|

1/9/2012 10:06 AM

yeah man thats a tight list of parts.. im actually looking into those Whiskey bars also. good luck on the build.

|