Back hub help please

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2014 3:12 AM

My back Sunday hub is giving me problems, I set it up and make sure its all good and tighten it to my frame and it is fine but when i then get on and ride i get about 5 or 6 pedals in and my back hub starts moving and then my tire rubs on my frame and i cant ride i cant figure out why it is moving i have tighten my cone pieces and always make sure my hub bolts are tight but its just not staying in place if you have any advice it would be appreciated cheers

|

8/26/2014 6:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2014 6:34 AM

Loose spokes? Those cause rim shifting and tire rub.

Wheel not tight enough?

Paint on the dropout allowing the wheel to slip?

Is it a male or female hub?

Do you have washers/spacers in place?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2014 6:42 AM

I have just had all my spokes re-done and tightened and i tighten majorly so i shouldn't be able to shift, I have the usual washers and spacers that come stock with the hub and i have been riding it exactly the same for the past year and i couldn't find any problems there. Because my hub is female i took it to the local shop and they tried everything as well and i ended up getting some chain tensioners ordered which they think will do the trick but i am not home for another month so ill have to wait till then

|

8/26/2014 7:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2014 7:12 AM

Is it the Sunday Storm hub?

Is there a segment of axle that sticks into your dropouts? I would bet it is a tiny bit too long if that is the case. If so, add a thin washer on each side of the axle stub, between the cones of the hub and the inside of the dropouts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/29/2014 3:28 AM

Cheers man ill try that when i get home next

|