Bent Stock Rim - Fix or Replace?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2019 8:58 AM

So I bought a 2020 Kink BMX Gap XL and after about 2-3 rides I noticed the rear rim is slightly bent. Its a mission X7 rim and all I have been doing is bunny hops and learning to manual.

Is it possible to bend back or ignore for a while? If I ignore it will it have a major impact on riding?

If I replace it any suggestions on solid not too expensive replacements?

Thanks
-Bob

|

Somers Point, NJ
30 years old
Beginner at best

7/9/2019 6:41 AM

You can true it, which involves adjusting the tension of the spokes to pull the rim to the centre.
Where the rim goes to the left, tighten the right spokes. Where the rim goes to the right, tighten the left spokes. Probably best taking it to a shop if you’ve never done it before though.
It’s pretty common on new bikes as nothing is tightened properly or adjusted to how it should be in the factory. They just throw it together and put it in the box. Might be worth getting a shop to check everything else while you’re there

|

7/9/2019 12:43 PM

.pegless. wrote:

You can true it, which involves adjusting the tension of the spokes to pull the rim to the centre.
Where the rim goes to the left, tighten the right spokes. Where the rim goes to the right, tighten the left spokes. Probably best taking it to a shop if you’ve never done it before though.
It’s pretty common on new bikes as nothing is tightened properly or adjusted to how it should be in the factory. They just throw it together and put it in the box. Might be worth getting a shop to check everything else while you’re there

Thanks, I will give the shop a call where I bought, they looked it over before I walked out the store. Hopefully they can straighten things up.

|

Somers Point, NJ
30 years old
Beginner at best

7/15/2019 9:23 PM

Shadow conspiracy truss cassette

|