Best Trick Question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2014 8:34 PM

I am not exactly sure if this is the right spot but will need the how to. I am on a very low level of bmx still and my youth leader is holding a skate/bmx day with this camp he does. There will be a highest jump and best trick contest. Unfortunetly with me still on a bike not right for me I have been in a stall but I can learn quickly even though my bike is to small for me. But cut to the chase on the amateur level what is a good trick that is awesome looking and easy to get the hang of. I would like the how to of doing this trick and maybe a link to a video of this trick.

|

7/28/2014 7:10 AM

if you dont know any tricks yet id suggest you keep riding untill you get better to learn tricks. having said that you could do a small tabletop, one footer, bar turn, kickout. thats about all i can think of thats super easy to do. look up youtube videos on these tricks.

|

i ride to stay young

7/28/2014 8:50 AM

I can do all of that I can do up to a 360 about in skill level so ya also can foot jam whip

|

7/28/2014 9:44 AM

Watch some videos.

We don't know what your skills are so we can't necessarily suggest things too easily.

Truck drivers? 180 bars? Whips? 360 one handers? 360 Tables? No handers? Double bars?

Honestly I could suggest HUNDREDS of tricks, but without knowing where you stand it would be a HUGE waste of time.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2014 9:56 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Watch some videos.

We don't know what your skills are so we can't necessarily suggest things too easily.

Truck drivers? ...more

OK ya I should say this first time riding park but not sure what to do off of what the skate park is the Lebanon pa YMCA skatepark

|

7/28/2014 7:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2014 7:47 PM

there's ymca's in lebanon? lol no shit. anyways as everyone's said, this is almost impossible to answer.. Seeing as how you can do stuff, including 360's, that do put you past the 'low level skill' you claimed, this is hardly something ppl can answer AND not something you should take someone's opinion here on, if we don't know you or your competition here. If you can 360 and do the other tricks you said, and you know the course, and you know or have an idea of the competition there, you know enough to make your own judgement here more worthwhile than anything a forum poster - or a pro bmx'er - could tell you w/ the information given.
tl;dr: you can 360, ergo you can figure out the 'best' trick - there is no 'best', ever, because it's not as simple as that (style and how big you go on a trick, can make a 'weaker'/lower trick better than a more technical one that was done sloppily and barely-landed, yknow?) Further, i doubt anyone's tried to google to evaluate the course you're gonna be on... maybe i'm alone here, but i've got no idea whether the course is higher ramps, or a street-style course w/ some quarters.

[edit: as others have said, watch videos if you need inspiration, because given what you've said about yourself and this event, inspiration - not a precise, single answer - is the best the internet can do for you. I'm still not exactly sure what style of riding you do, but fwiw i love watching ppl like chase hawk, chad kerley and charlie crumlish for dialed-in in riding (crumnlish&kerley are quite technical too, imo), and love ppl like garrett, dan lacey, stevie churchill etc for big/bold moves. Watch OSS (on some shit), the come up, deadline, etc and figure this out for yourself, and you'll be a million times better-off than going w/ the highest-ranking forum suggestion for a specific trick smile ]

|

7/29/2014 12:08 AM

adfkje wrote:

there's ymca's in lebanon? lol no shit. anyways as everyone's said, this is almost impossible to answer.. Seeing as how you ...more

kerly is technical? fuck no all he does is icepicks, manuals and 180 bars all day
sure hes dialed and smooth, but not "tech" in my opinion at all

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/30/2014 4:25 PM

maybe i'm not using technical in the sense it's used around here. I just mean he can do smooth/dialed and moderately big stuff, but he's technical too (technical in grinds in Nike BMX taipei; 'the hunt' has tons of technical stuff done wicked dialed.

it's hard using words to formulate some of the subtle variances between (overal)equally top riders.

|