Brake arms grinding

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2017 5:00 PM

My Shadow Con. Sano brake arms grind when closing, how do I fix this? or is this normal?
I took my bike into a shop and the guy working on it couldn't fix it.
I'm using the brake posts that came with my Kink Titan, and I'm not sure if they are the issue or what. Are Sano brakes just not compatible with my frame?
I also have an issue with my straddle cable, the hammer side doesn't 'lock in' and whenever I test my brakes it shoots out violently.

|

2/13/2017 6:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2017 6:13 AM

Do they grind on the posts? You might want to sand down the posts and then grease them to get them to move a bit more easily. Also your brakes might be too loose if they keep popping out. Do they still pop out when theyre adjusted to be tighter and closer to the rim?

|

2/13/2017 6:25 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Do they grind on the posts? You might want to sand down the posts and then grease them to get them to move a bit more easily. ...more

I sent my bike into another shop in hopes that someone can fix my brakes. The brake arms were grinding together at certain points(mostly when the brakes were closing)

|

2/13/2017 7:12 AM

Oh alright. Spacing could be off if that happens, arms shouldnt ever touch. Hopefully the shop fixes it.

|

2/23/2017 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2017 7:38 PM

It could be that your brake mounts are uneven and are causing the problem, the easiest way would be to see which side is touching the other first and adjust that brass pivot by using a tube spacer with a vice/press and going either up or down on the brake arm.

|

2/23/2017 11:55 PM

Did you put them on properly in the first place? The arms are angled to prevent them touching, if you put them on in the wrong order, they'll touch

|