Bunny Hopping Correctly

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2017 5:55 PM

Hello here a video of me trying to hop correctly sorry its dark its winter time. But I cant seem to get my handlebars to my chest no matter how much i try. I don't know if I am doing it correctly or not and I need some help I cant manual I dont know if I should learn to manual first or hopping correctly Please Help thanks. There are two videos by the way one attempt in slow motion and other attempt in regular speed.

|

12/11/2017 11:29 PM

Pull up more, and lean back. That'll help get the bars higher (manuals will help you learn where the loop out spot is). Then once the front wheel is high enough you hop, kind of like a pogo stick motion, and lean forward, just enough to keep your weight central. Once your back wheel is off the ground, bend your knees and push your bars forward. You need to jump as well as just bringing the bike up

|

12/20/2017 8:51 AM

Something that really helps me get up further is pre-loading the bars. Imagine your arms as a spring, you gotta compress the spring before you extend it. So bend at the elbow before you pull up, and then yank up as best you can and level out.

I'm still trying to get good height on flat hops, but I can get up to ledges and do some wall rides. That concept of pre-loading the bars helped.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.