Bunny hop bar issue?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2016 4:31 AM

Hey guys,
Hoping someone can provide some insight..
So yesterday I was like "I need to learn bars"
Made an indoor bike, threw them like 300 times.
Took it outside next day and I can land bars and catching like 90% but I can only do this out of bunny hop instead of bronco hop?
So I'm like a foot off the ground at best.
I'm wondering if continuing down this path is gonna stuff me up later and I like won't be able to do proper hop bars? Or will this resolve itself with practice?
Maybe indoor bike wasn't the best way to learn lol

|

Muthafuckas betta know

5/15/2016 12:24 PM

What's a bronco hop? I'll assume you mean a proper bunny hop rather than those wafty ones where you lift both wheels at the same time....
You just need to commit, that's all it is. The technique is the same, but as you put more effort into the hop you kind of have to wait to level out a bit before you sling the b's, so you sling em a bit later

|

5/15/2016 2:23 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

What's a bronco hop? I'll assume you mean a proper bunny hop rather than those wafty ones where you lift both wheels at the ...more

Cool thanks man..
Might dial the throw and catch first then...

|

Muthafuckas betta know

5/24/2016 3:24 PM

This trick has haunted me for years. It's just takes continuous practice. I have tons of trouble catching mid air for some reason. I cut my bars to 25 wide which helps a lot and that's just how I prefer my bars. Bike geometry might come into play also. Everyone has a different style or way of doing things also. Just take it to different obstacles and try it out.
Bunny hop bars are just hopping as high as you can, pinch your knees and throw.
Hop bars are the hardest way to first lean bars so don't beat yourself up, because sounds like your starting out pretty good on them.

|