Chain Alignment / Chainstay Clearance

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2014 10:24 AM

Chain Alignment / Chain-stay Clearance Issues

-Odyssey V3 Cassette Hub
-Profile 19mm Cranks with Animal BB kit

So i am having some issues here, i am putting the small washer ( Animal BB kit ) on the inside of the sprocket and the bigger washer (Animal BB kit ) on the non sprocket side. The chain-stay clearance ( Space where crank arm and Frame Meet ) is larger than the Sprocket side. When this is happening, it is also throwing my Sprocket to Driver Alignment off also.

I tried taking the small washer and put it on the outside of sprocket to put the sprocket closer to the BB and to move the crank-arm out, now the chain-stay clearance on both sides match and the alignment is good between my sprocket and driver.

But now i have an issue where now the sprocket bolt has almost 1-2 inches of space between the sprocket and the crank arm and its wobbling during rotation.

Does anyone have any suggestions how i can fix my situation?

|

4/21/2014 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2014 10:28 AM

Spline drive ideally, BUT do you have a spacer between your sprocket the crank arm where the sprocket bolt goes in that is the same thickness of the one on the outside of the sprocket? If not, PUT ONE THERE, and make sure the sprocket is on the hat washer/adapter it needs to be on to fit correctly.

Also make sure your frame is not bent.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/21/2014 10:46 AM

That is my problem, i don't know where to find a spacer that is thick enough for the space between the sprocket and the crank arm LOL. I tried stacking like random size spacers and it ended up loosening up for some reason.

The hat washer fits perfect also and sprocket isn't bent ( took it off verified )

|

4/21/2014 12:54 PM

Anyone else have any suggestions?

|