Chain tensioners

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2014 8:06 PM

Looking at some Redline chain tensioners from DansComp and after reading some stuff on the internet, some people complained about them being too big and bulky/cracking/stripping/breaking. Are they any good?
If not, can anyone recommend me some good ones?

|

2/15/2014 8:09 AM

I've had two set in the past, i had the skinny version and one snapped after i jumped something and made my wheel lock up on me.

Also had the thicker ones which im guessing are the ones your looking at. they didn't crack or strip but they were pretty bulky and noticeable so i just painted them the same color as my frame so they would stand out as much

I'd recommend them. for the most part all tensioners are made up of the same aluminum so just take care of it and make sure your using it properly and you shoukd be good

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/19/2014 8:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2014 8:32 PM

Simple wheel slammers are really handy you'd just have to measure the gap in between your dropout - axle and purchase the correct slammer size or you could always use a Fly chain tensioner depending on how much room is on your dropout, obviously you would have to do some drilling and tapping which isn't to hard, I've done few frame dropouts before, you'd have to know how to use a drill and tap set if you don't I wouldn't recommend it then.

|

2/19/2014 10:48 PM

Cellmember wrote:

Simple wheel slammers are really handy you'd just have to measure the gap in between your dropout - axle and purchase the ...more

I'll check out the Fly tensioners. I have looked and looked but I can't find a place that will ship Simple Wheel slammers to South Korea

|

2/25/2014 1:23 AM

Get em

|

bmxult.tumblr.com
Instagram: BMXULT