Clearing jumps

Related:
Create New Tag

10/13/2016 1:07 PM

I've never really tried clearing jumps at my local before, because it involved getting a high air on a wall which I was a bit scared of.
But now I am not scared to get high on that wall and get more speed and I am trying to jump the jumpboxes.

The problem I am experiencing now is that no matter how I jump I always end up not clearing the jumps.
Of course the initial reaction might be, just go faster, but I am already putting in as many extra cranks as I can and from watching others getting the same height on the wall, I figure that you should have enough speed. (And yes I pump on the way down).

So my question basically is; how to correctly jump a box?

Like the technique of it, what could I be doing wrong during the takeoff that makes it so that I don't clear the jumps?
Or is the only possible answer still an issue with speed?

Thanks in advance!

|

Check out SeckClothing.com ! Awesome BMX clothing and parts! For any questions you can message me wink

10/14/2016 6:27 AM

I havent had much experience with box jumps but I have with dirt jumps and what I always do is a really slowed down bunny hop basically, so as your front tire is moving up the ramp pull it up and at the same time straighten out your legs as the bike's incline gets steeper so you're kind of pumping up and off the ramp, as I come off I level out and try to dip my back end up more so the transition is a little more smooth
this is just personally what I do

|

10/15/2016 2:01 PM

bdh425 wrote:

I havent had much experience with box jumps but I have with dirt jumps and what I always do is a really slowed down bunny hop ...more

Thanks! I will try it out as soon as possible, hope it helps !

|

Check out SeckClothing.com ! Awesome BMX clothing and parts! For any questions you can message me wink

10/29/2016 2:34 PM

Okay I got clearing jumps down now, wasn't that hard as I made it in my head.

Now I am trying to clear my local resi ramp with a 360, I am going at the same speed as I needed to clear the jump but now I get increddibly hung up or just not even with my front tire over the landing.

Does a lot of my speed go into the spin and thus means I have to go way faster to clear it with a 360 or am I jumping the ramp wrong again?

|

11/1/2016 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2016 10:02 AM

Seck wrote:

Okay I got clearing jumps down now, wasn't that hard as I made it in my head.

Now I am trying to clear my local resi ramp ...more

I think when a spin is involved there needs to be more speed, pull off the ramp and pop but practice makes perfect also carve a tiny bit right before the lip and do the same motion but turn your head and shoulders and try to tuck your knees in and bring the bike closer to you as you're in the air

|