and if you can how do you do it?
and will the quality last?
thanks

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

10/27/2010 8:50 PM

it depends on how you do it... you can just sand the frame down to metal then prime it paint it and clear coat it with regular spraypaint or car paint... it looks good with spraypaint you just need to paint it evenly

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

10/28/2010 10:16 PM

A good paint job is achieved in the prep work, if you don't go through the proper sand paper grits and don't clean/de-grease the parts before paint. They will look like crap no matter how good of a painter you are.

I recommend using 180/220/320 for sanding and then using de-greaser/cleaner... Let the parts fully dry and hand them on a metal coat hanger or something, NEVER lay parts down and paint one side then the other. Doing it that way will ALWAYS look like crap! Then once you paint allow like 1 day for the paint to cure/harden, after that you can clear the parts. If the paint has any runs or anything you can use a fine 1200 or so to get it out then spray a fine coat on it, if the paint is fine clear it and again let it clear for 1 day or so.

|