Do you know what size bottom bracket to get?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2013 9:07 PM

I have a 2013 eastern trail digger.. and I'm pretty sure my bottom bracket is screwed. Whenever I try 180's I always land pretty sloppily and after the last few times I could hear a creaking/squeaking whenever I back pedaledl. I've tried tightening my cranks but the sound's still there.

http://www.easternbikes.com/blog/2012/jun/28/ps-eastern-2013-traildigger/

I know i have a sealed mid bottom bracket but it doesn't list a size for them

|

7/13/2013 9:44 PM

it say mid BB dude that is the size and you should first take it apart and regrease your BB before you replace it

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/13/2013 10:07 PM

Ah alright, that would make more sense and also save some money. What are the 19mm and 21mm measurements for, or are they given to make sure you get the right size to fit your cranks ?

Thanks for responding haha.

|

7/13/2013 10:16 PM

wawa011 wrote:

Ah alright, that would make more sense and also save some money. What are the 19mm and 21mm measurements for, or are they ...more

they are most likely 19mm but you can always can find out by putting a 19mm wrench or socket over the spindle of the cranks and if it wont fit over it, its a 22mm spindle

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/16/2013 11:51 AM

Cool, I was having trouble loosening the crank on the side attached to my sprocket ... Do you have any suggestions for getting it off besides extreme force?

|

7/16/2013 12:04 PM

wawa011 wrote:

Cool, I was having trouble loosening the crank on the side attached to my sprocket ... Do you have any suggestions for getting ...more

just treat it like a 2pc crank just undo the other side and forget about that side

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/19/2013 5:22 PM

jj0996 wrote:

just treat it like a 2pc crank just undo the other side and forget about that side

This response is pretty late, but I was going to treat the cranks like a two piece set like you said... but then I saw that I'd need a crank puller or a rod and mallet (things I don't have right now) to get them off so I could get at the bearings. I'm trying to get out and get a crank puller but I just wanted to know if the type of grease mattered for when i get them out?

|

7/19/2013 7:04 PM

wawa011 wrote:

This response is pretty late, but I was going to treat the cranks like a two piece set like you said... but then I saw that ...more

just use all purpose grease and you can just use a hammer to get the spindle out of the BB.

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/22/2013 10:18 AM

found some wd-40 in my grandparents garage and a mallet/hammer... shortly after breaking one of the links on my chain.Photo

|

7/22/2013 3:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2013 3:20 PM

do not use WD40, and that spray grease might work on your chain, BB but you will need some all purpose grease or some wheel bearing grease for the BB

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/22/2013 4:16 PM

jj0996 wrote:

do not use WD40, and that spray grease might work on your chain, BB but you will need some all purpose grease or some wheel ...more

Glad to know before I used either. I might just order some online along with a chain breaker... would I just buy a master link to replace the broken link? I really have no clue , but I feel like i could just remove the broken one altogether and go with a slightly shorter chain so that its not saggin. hahaha

|

7/22/2013 7:02 PM

jj0996 wrote:

do not use WD40, and that spray grease might work on your chain, BB but you will need some all purpose grease or some wheel ...more

wawa011 wrote:

Glad to know before I used either. I might just order some online along with a chain breaker... would I just buy a master link ...more

sence it is a male link you could just replace it with a master link but personaly wouldnt, so ya you should just make it shorter but you also have to keep in mind that it might not fit in your frame

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/22/2013 11:49 PM

Alright, and I'd just remove the damaged link and then take a pin from one of the sides that isn't broken and put it back together? (i've only seen a new chain installed with the pin thats used after you decided how long the chain needs to be. ) If that makes any sense, I really don't know what i'm doing but worst case scenario I could always take it to the bike shop.

|

7/23/2013 12:54 AM

wawa011 wrote:

Alright, and I'd just remove the damaged link and then take a pin from one of the sides that isn't broken and put it back ...more

all u need is a chain breaker and a couple links and take a couple links out and put the same amount in

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/23/2013 12:55 AM

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

7/23/2013 2:13 AM

|

7/23/2013 1:36 PM

wawa011 wrote:

Thanks again man, haha now all thats left to do is to wait for the bike shop to open up so I can get what I need .

you should be able to get a cheep one at the hardware store

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check