Do you need muscles to do bunny hops other tricks.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2014 1:00 PM

Hi guys so I want to learn doing tricks first the basic like bunnyhops barspins I know with bunnyhops you need to lift up the bike. Now I'm skinny guy I try doing bunnyhops i can do them but not as high. My bike is light like 24 pounds no brakes. How long would take to do them I got time to learn them still

|

1/13/2014 1:29 PM

I've just started learning properly. After practicing for just a few days i can already see improvements in how high i can hop. There's no 'strength' involved, per se, seeing as i've seen children ride. If you can lift your own body weight, you can bunny hop as high as you need to. Afterall, it's basically just a jump with a bike attached to you. Everybody else after you've got the hop down is just body movement.

|

1/13/2014 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2014 2:02 PM

Zhuxiong wrote:

I've just started learning properly. After practicing for just a few days i can already see improvements in how high i can ...more

Ok I will keep on trying until I get it. Plus when I try to do them my bike move when I jump it feels like I'm going fall

|

1/13/2014 2:10 PM

Yeah, that happens when i try and manual.. You've just got to get the balance right.

Honestly, i was asking these kinds of questions when i first started, and it was annoying that all i heard was "Just practice". But it really is the way to go. Practice practice practice. Watch some "how to" videos if you need to, to help you with technique, and then just get out there and try it over and over and over until you've got it down.

If you're going to ride, you're going to have to no worry about falling off. You'll fall off a lot. You'll even hurt yourself. But if you're scared of that, you won't do as well as you can.

|

1/13/2014 2:40 PM

Zhuxiong wrote:

Yeah, that happens when i try and manual.. You've just got to get the balance right.

Honestly, i was asking these kinds of ...more

Thanks I will practice I got time it on January I was doing bunny hops today since it was kinda warm like 45 degrees today. I will practice

|

1/15/2014 4:49 AM

You dont have to, they help, but its technique what you want to have.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/17/2014 1:10 AM

not really theres a bunch of young small kids who I doubt are very strong but can hop high. if you are worried about strength one of the best ways to get stronger for bunny hopping is to... bunnyhop. if you ride enough you will eventually build all the strength you need to do whatever it is you want with some very special exceptions for advanced riders

|