Double peg

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2013 11:58 AM

First thing i leaned was a feeble but i can double sometimes just when i do i land on the front hard and it throws me off..any tips..?

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/4/2013 9:34 PM

im guessing your talking about a ledge so for me i try to land pretty much both pegs at the same time try to keep your weight a little back so that your front is sticking as much even for nice smooth ledges i usually wax them and my pegs every so often to help slide. and also make sure your pedal is slightly up so that it isnt touching the ledge which will also be a pain unless you have plastic pedals. me personally i ride metal pedals and metal pegs i like the feeling and i break plastic pedals quickly. If your trying to stall on a quarter go super slow (like your barely going to make it to the coping) and do just enough of a hop to spin the 90 degrees and keep your bike and bars straight well pushing your front peg into the coping and let your bike land in the double peg well your weight is over the transition then once it makes the connection then you can straighten out. also push your pedal into the deck to help stabalize your self. then once you land in it and your ready to drop back in just drop your shoulder and turn the bars just enough for your wheels to start rolling in. if your back end slides down a bit dont worry it will catch fast enough and start rolling. hope this helps good luck

|

treebmxer_222

7/4/2013 10:14 PM

Eh never did it on a quarter but yea the ledges and rails like I can do the rails but it throws me off and I ride plastic pedals and metal pegs,also another question you know the little bearing cover on the left side of the crank when you screw your crank arm on and it covers your bb up? would I have to buy a bb kit..cuz I lost mine and have no fucking idea where it is..and really don't wanna buy another set of bearings..if you don't know what im talkin about ill post a pic later tomorrow if I can,and back on the double pegs I try it on the box at one of the skateparks and its like I slam it but I try not to..but ill do what you said and see if it helps

|

7/4/2013 11:55 PM

when trying to avoid slamming it on ledges dont try to hop super high above it and then fall on the ledge hop just a little bit above it. ( idk if thats what your doing or not) everybody says you dont need wax just go faster i say use both. and for the bb cover see if you can have one from a friend if they have extra. also ask the local bike shops if they would sell them separate or have any laying around. another thing i did that helped me was land in a feeble then drop down into a double peg.

|

treebmxer_222

7/5/2013 10:04 AM

Nope none of my friends have any and my shop said I gotta buy a bottom bracket kit..which is 20-30$ and I have to buy a new rim and stem today-.-...god damnit

|

7/5/2013 10:30 AM

look for all of those on places like ebay i bought a mosh digital stem and primo handlebars for about a total of $25 and they were both brand new never used and i got a kink bb for 15$ but i didnt ever end up using it lol

|

treebmxer_222

7/5/2013 10:41 AM

i haven't heard of mosh in forever....i had a mosh as my first danscomp bike lol and ill look and see but i need my rim today

|

7/5/2013 10:50 AM

Well i cant really find any stems under like 20$ lol i found an eastern stem for like 10 but it looks like shit and idk what size my forks are and stuff..

|