Drive Problem...detailed description and video

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2014 6:24 PM

OK my bike is 2 weeks old and I started noticing this issue after adjusting my bike wheel (doesn't mean it didn't already exist, that's just when I noticed it. When pedaling backwards there is a difficult spot and it's when my drive-side crank arm is forward. Doesn't look like there are any bent teeth on the sprocket and the alignment seems pretty good (all the teeth seem to consistently rest in the center of the chain links). I've looked at other threads and tried tightening all the bolts then loosening bolts and re-tightening them...
I have noticed that it looks like the cone washer on the drive side is slightly uneven as it spins. Could this be a sign of the problem? Could the bearings possibly be slightly crooked or not inserted properly? At least once a day when I'm riding if I take off hard there's a loud metallic pop that sounds like skipping a link or something (maybe the driver can't put up with the stress of my pedaling that hard or it's an alignment issue?). Here's a video of me spinning the crank. As I said, the difficult spot is when the drive side crank arm is forward and that also looks like the cone-washer gap is furthest from the BB shell. Should there be no gap at all?
Thanks for taking the time to read this! Watch the video full screen to see it better.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/1/2014 3:07 PM

check your sprocket., depending on the sprocket you should have a 15/16 adapter that will go to either a 22/19mm spidal. look for a tight link etc…

|

Refs: ecuadevil, superstarDK ,Brian_Griffin ,howlerfbm,ScramHype,Ricked_Em,BMXPOSER

text me for a faster response 2016681770

5/1/2014 4:41 PM

Good call. Thanks. I gotta buy a rubber mallet in the next day or 2 so I can get my crank arm off to check the adapter. One of the links seems maybe a little tight but that wouldn't explain why the resistance always is at the same spot because the link would hit different on every rotation.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands