Driver Skipping

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2011 1:38 PM

I have a Demolition Anorexia that I got used, and worked well for a few days, with an occasional click every now and then. After a few days of use, the drivers skip almost a half of a rotation frequently. Should I get a new driver, bearings, springs/pawls or what? thanks.

|

I love watching pom

3/22/2011 1:51 PM

I just tested it out. I'm sure it's not a missing tooth because the whole driver will crank as if I'm pedaling backwards. Sorry for being naive.

|

I love watching pom

3/22/2011 2:17 PM

its cool bromo. erbody got questions. take the cone nuts off and take the driver out. the pawls may be broken or cracked or just worn, also it that fine, check the spline things that are part or the hub shell. you'd have to replace if those are the problems

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

3/22/2011 3:00 PM

future FBM wrote:

its cool bromo. erbody got questions. take the cone nuts off and take the driver out. the pawls may be broken or cracked or just worn, also it that fine, check the spline things that are part or the hub shell. you'd have to replace if those are the problems

this, or there might be too much grease in the hub causing it to skip because the pawls can't go back up because the grease holds them from springing back up.

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

3/22/2011 4:30 PM

Thanks. I'm just going to get the new springs/pawls and grease appropriately. Also, where would I get the spline things?

|

I love watching pom