Fakie direction question.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2015 10:47 AM

Hey just a question I have done some searching and haven't quite found the answer I'm looking for. I just started riding again after 10 years but this time I'm wanting to get into bmx. I mostly rode trials and freeride mtb and my question has to do with foot positioning.

I ride left for forward and i was trying to get out of fakie by turning my bars to the right and rolling out left. Out of 10 tries I got it maybe once. So i tried going right and I started nailing them it was a night and day difference. Since I ride left foot forward I have been reading I should spin right but it just feels more natural to spin left.
When it comes to me learning 180 I don't want to spin left then fakie the other way to me it doesn't seem smooth.

My question is for the time being should I learn to spin right so I can fakie the same way or should I learn to fakie out left. I plan to learn both ways in the future. Just need to know what would be a better habit to get into now to help me progress.

Thanks.

|

8/14/2015 11:45 AM

just go with whichever way is most comfortable to spin and learn to do your rollouts in the same direction, even if it's harder. the spin feeling comfortable is more important than the rollout feeling comfortable, imo.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

8/18/2015 9:48 PM

Yeah, indian givers require a mandatory fix. I'm pretty sure ALL goofy-footed riders start off as indian givers. I hated it, not to mention learning 180's the two tire way was terrible being goofy footed, as you can't kick the back end out properly. This means you'll end up having to learn proper 180's in the long run. Could take a bit more time than most people, but it's well worth it. If you can 360 clean being goofy-footed, that's a HUGE plus, as some people find it nearly impossible.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/21/2015 12:37 PM

Just do it which ever way you can mate don't worry too much about the way other people do it, have your own style!

|

11/15/2016 3:41 PM

|

12/12/2016 12:21 PM

When you begin doing barspins if you naturally spin left while having left foot forward it will make your barspin 180/ 360's very difficult. If I were you I would try my hardest to make spinning right feel natural. If you half cab easier that way you can probably get your 180's that way too, just have to get use to looking over your shoulder while doing 180's. Just trust me, you want to spin right if you ever want to barspins in spins.

|

- ShredAddix.com

12/12/2016 4:40 PM

it really comes down to wahtever is comfortable... boot forwards and when i turn out of a fakie i cut left and turn out right

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/28/2016 4:05 PM

I ride right foot forward, 180 to the left, fakie to the left and ride my pegs on the left. So basically i have to 180 the wrong way ti use pegs on quarters. Do whatever is comfortable to start. Then learn everything both ways. Nothing worse then finding a good street spot or ramp that You cant ride because you can't rotate/grind/wall ride a certain way.

|

3/6/2017 2:05 AM

Billy610 wrote:

I ride right foot forward, 180 to the left, fakie to the left and ride my pegs on the left. So basically i have to 180 the ...more

You have the 180 perfect I'm left foot forward I spin to the left fakie out to the left grind on the right

|

I once walked into a gay bar it did not end well

4/19/2017 8:43 PM

utsikt wrote:

Hey just a question I have done some searching and haven't quite found the answer I'm looking for. I just started riding again ...more

What foot is your foot on tricks? Lean away from that foot.

Tip- pedal faster backward than the cranks spin. Not alot just some. Helps you keep balance

|