Fakies

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2014 2:02 PM

I just started riding recently and I have been trying to learn the fakie. People I've talked too have told me they've learned them in like 3 days. I've been trying for 2-3 weeks. I just cant seem to get them and its KILLLLIINNNNGG ME.

Can someone give me advice or point me to the best fakie tutorial they know of because the snow is drawing near and I need to get this down, ASAP.

|

Please and thank you.

12/8/2014 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2014 3:35 PM

how are you trying to get into fakie?
try doing a footjam on a slightly downhill slope, or a curb

just focus on pedaling back one or two full rotations at a slow speed, just slightly faster than you have to while turning slightly, and once your front foot is in the front pedal forward really quick and look towards where you want to end up

it took me like 3 weeks to get them consistently, so you arent too far off
bmx takes a lot of time committment so just keep that in mind

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/8/2014 3:40 PM

I learned them on a small landing of a dirt jump. They are harder to do out of a footjam because you loose your balance a bit. They took me about a week, and hour ever day doing them, so 7 hours total.
When you are learning them, they feel hopeless but once you get them, it's like a whole new world man, just gotta practice every day.

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/8/2014 4:16 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

just focus on pedaling ...more

I was doing 180's because it was more entertaining than riding up to the curb.

|

Please and thank you.

12/8/2014 7:42 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

just focus on pedaling ...more

Cutscene wrote:

I was doing 180's because it was more entertaining than riding up to the curb.

the problem is not the fakie, its the 180
its so much harder to learn fakies after 180's, especially considering you might not be rotating enough to get rolling back quick enough

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/9/2014 6:24 AM

Learn to 180 better!! Then practice more with push off fakies.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/11/2014 5:05 AM

i could never fakie consistenly, until i learned to 180. Everytime I would 180 it would just whip back around forward, and i just kinda learned that way

|

1/6/2015 6:56 PM

If you look straight ahead of you instead of turning your head to spot where your going while fakieing you can fakie much farther

|

5/24/2015 11:40 PM

O want to learn fakie

|