Feeble and Smith stall help

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2017 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 8:22 PM

Hello, I am off to the skatepark a little later on and I'm wanting to learn to feeble and smith on the quarter to drop back in.

Anyway my problem is that I am too afraid to jump back in from a feeble or smith stall. I am comfortable with the getting into stalls but I can't make myself go back in, I just stay in the stall and just stare lol. I can double peg stall/drop in easily.

Whenever the front wheel is over in a feeble it feels like I'm just going to die or case the front wheel or peg when I go in. And on the smith it feels like I'll slip out if I try to turn the wheel and go into the quarter.

Any tips for this? I am trying them on a 4ft to get used to it but I've never gone back into the quarter on a feeble or smith.

|

4/4/2017 1:23 PM

With feebles, you can pick confidence up by just going into double peg then dropping in from that. And with smiths, you pretty much just lean into the transition and turn your wheel. It's almost exactly the same as dropping in (as your back wheel is still on the deck. So when you're in a smith stall, you're kind of already half dropped in)

|

4/4/2017 3:38 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

With feebles, you can pick confidence up by just going into double peg then dropping in from that. And with smiths, you pretty ...more

Okay thanks. I'll have a go tomorrow. I keep forgetting to try them whenever I'm at the skatepark.

|

4/5/2017 7:37 AM

Smith drop ins are not as bad as they seem, I tend to have my opposite foot forward so I know the pedal/crank will clear no problem. You've just really got to go for it.

|