Fitness For BMX ?`

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2013 12:32 AM

Hello,

I began riding again after a while and am basically starting over even my bunny hops barely go to like two feet. with that said I feel like my fitness is an issue i don't go to the gym or anything i run about two miles a day 5 days a week just because I like running but obviously BMX isn't all about cardio. What exercises or workouts do you do that seem to help your riding? preferably body weight exercises.

thanks

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

6/5/2013 6:00 PM

Just ride and let ur muscles get used to picking up the bike. Ur hops get higher as u master the technique. U don't have to be a muscle bound retard but strength training will help u with bmx and everything else u do

|

6/7/2013 1:20 AM

like he said, ridings mainly tech... and like muscle memory, so just practice... maybe do some push ups too

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/8/2013 2:05 PM

Try the month of squats exercise to build up your leg muscles. On the first day of the month do 50 body weight only standing leg squats, then increase five a day for thirty days. By the end you are doing 200, If 50 is to easy then start with 100.

|

6/9/2013 5:10 PM

All right, i'll do all of the above, thanks smile

|

6/12/2013 6:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2013 6:53 PM

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

Where in La are you at?

I do pushups, lift weights, chin ups, planks, watch my diet, cardio and all I can do is bunnyhop 180 footjam tailwhip wall ride and some barspins on the ground =P

So it ain't all about the fitness, technique has alot to do with it.

|

6/12/2013 7:37 PM

Having some issues with this myself. Rode seriously for a couple years and took about 2 yrs off. Getting back into it, but my god, barspins wear me out after like 4 of them. Its rather disheartening. Either way I need to lose this beer gut I've acquired.

|

old edit http://vimeo.com/24809718

My milk r sweeter than honey.

6/13/2013 7:30 PM

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

Aav1996 wrote:

Where in La are you at?

I do pushups, lift weights, chin ups, planks, watch my diet, cardio and all I can do is bunnyhop 180 ...more

I stay around Midtown, hmmm i figured it would help but i guess it wouldn't hurt to be in better shape either. I'm still in the beginning stages i wanna start off right.

|

6/13/2013 7:32 PM

LactatingLarryIII wrote:

Having some issues with this myself. Rode seriously for a couple years and took about 2 yrs off. Getting back into it, but my ...more

that's exactly where I'm at, well the beer gut i got in two years i took off unfortunately i have no bag of tricks at all, lol but fuck it that's what summers for to get out and ride!

|