Related:
Create New Tag
Henry_Galdamez Henry_Galdamez
6/5/2013 12:32 AM

Hello,

I began riding again after a while and am basically starting over even my bunny hops barely go to like two feet. with that said I feel like my fitness is an issue i don't go to the gym or anything i run about two miles a day 5 days a week just because I like running but obviously BMX isn't all about cardio. What exercises or workouts do you do that seem to help your riding? preferably body weight exercises.

thanks

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

wnb85 wnb85
6/5/2013 6:00 PM

Just ride and let ur muscles get used to picking up the bike. Ur hops get higher as u master the technique. U don't have to be a muscle bound retard but strength training will help u with bmx and everything else u do

sketchytravis sketchytravis
6/7/2013 1:20 AM

like he said, ridings mainly tech... and like muscle memory, so just practice... maybe do some push ups too

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

dude42 dude42
6/8/2013 2:05 PM

Try the month of squats exercise to build up your leg muscles. On the first day of the month do 50 body weight only standing leg squats, then increase five a day for thirty days. By the end you are doing 200, If 50 is to easy then start with 100.

6/9/2013 5:10 PM

All right, i'll do all of the above, thanks smile

Aav1996 Aav1996
6/12/2013 6:52 PM
Henry_Galdamez wrote:

All right, i'll do all of ...more

Where in La are you at?

I do pushups, lift weights, chin ups, planks, watch my diet, cardio and all I can do is bunnyhop 180 footjam tailwhip wall ride and some barspins on the ground =P

So it ain't all about the fitness, technique has alot to do with it.

LactatingLarryIII LactatingLarryIII
6/12/2013 7:37 PM

Having some issues with this myself. Rode seriously for a couple years and took about 2 yrs off. Getting back into it, but my god, barspins wear me out after like 4 of them. Its rather disheartening. Either way I need to lose this beer gut I've acquired.

old edit http://vimeo.com/24809718

My milk r sweeter than honey.

6/13/2013 7:30 PM
Henry_Galdamez wrote:

All right, i'll do all of ...more

Aav1996 wrote:

Where in La are you at?

I ...more

I stay around Midtown, hmmm i figured it would help but i guess it wouldn't hurt to be in better shape either. I'm still in the beginning stages i wanna start off right.

6/13/2013 7:32 PM
LactatingLarryIII wrote:

Having some issues with ...more

that's exactly where I'm at, well the beer gut i got in two years i took off unfortunately i have no bag of tricks at all, lol but fuck it that's what summers for to get out and ride!

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP