Flat 180 help

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2016 2:01 PM

Hi my names Michael and I really have trouble with flat 180's. I have no problem at all doing the 180 and landing it, but I can't fakie out. With my 180's I rotate counter clockwise, but with my fakies I rotate clockwise. My fakie messes up my whole flow with 180's so it's really hard to land them. Please help me?

|

7/22/2016 2:41 PM

Don't carve too much into the 180, try to over rotate it very slightly, and land with your bars turned slightly to the left. Failing that, just try to do a couple of cranks backwards, then turn out whichever way feels more comfortable. It's just practice really

|

7/23/2016 1:29 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Don't carve too much into the 180, try to over rotate it very slightly, and land with your bars turned slightly to the left. ...more

I actually don't carve at all with my 180's, I just go straight, pull my front end up, then hop and turn. I tried recording it and it looks like my back end doesn't come up very high when I 180. any tips to make sure my back end comes up too?

|

7/24/2016 5:41 AM

Just suck your back wheel up, the same as a hop on flat. So when you're at about 90 degrees pull the back up and straighten your arms

|

8/16/2016 5:07 AM

Carve slightly, it helps a lot. But yeah you should bring your knees up, its exactly the same as a bunny hop really

|