Forks..

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2013 7:19 PM

Okay i traded my friend frames and basically everything i went and bought a new stem cuz his was shitty and when i tighten the damn thing up my forks wiggle and then when i tighten more the mother fucker wont turn...its like somethings missing but i know i have every part..im about to just give up and throw the damn thing away and its an eastern growler frame..should i just buy new forks? or what...

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/7/2013 11:28 AM

You sure the stem fits the forks?

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/7/2013 12:34 PM

Yea im sure I kinda sorta fixed it but ima take it up to the shop I buy my parts from and ask the guy and see what he can do about it I rode it the other day and it feels fine but theres like an millimeter or w/e showin where you can see my bearings between my compression cap and yea

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/7/2013 12:58 PM

Probably missing a spacer or maybe a bearing race. Headtubes are not a standard length, keep that in mind as well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/7/2013 2:55 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Probably missing a spacer or maybe a bearing race. Headtubes are not a standard length, keep that in mind as well.

Alright Ima buy a spacer but whats a bearing race..? is it the silver lookin thing?

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/7/2013 4:21 PM

Photo
Idk how big of a space it is but it bugs me if you can see it in the middle right there
|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/8/2013 1:19 PM

Spacer man

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/8/2013 3:17 PM

You sure..? and alright ill go buy one at my shop whenever I go,btw anyone got some tips on bending a damn sprocket..lol mines bent and I cant stand tryin to bend em back..

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/8/2013 4:14 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

You sure..? and alright ill go buy one at my shop whenever I go,btw anyone got some tips on bending a damn sprocket..lol mines bent and I cant stand tryin to bend em back..

Lol damn that blows . But maybe put it in a clamp with a wrap around it so it doesn't scrape. Then take a big ass pair of pliers and try to bend em back. But use a big ass clamp like the ones you screw into a bench.

|

Refs - Tomdon x2, DGK_all_day_AKA_, bmx4life121303

7/8/2013 4:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2013 4:22 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

You sure..? and alright ill go buy one at my shop whenever I go,btw anyone got some tips on bending a damn sprocket..lol mines bent and I cant stand tryin to bend em back..

agcrx wrote:

Lol damn that blows . But maybe put it in a clamp with a wrap around it so it doesn't scrape. Then take a big ass pair of pliers and try to bend em back. But use a big ass clamp like the ones you screw into a bench.

I have no clamps..ill just buy a new one man I already got one picked out for my bike anyways lol...im lucky I have any of the tools I have now

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...