Freecoaster Fakie Turn Outs

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2016 4:30 PM

Got my first bmx about a month ago and still having some trouble turning out of fakies. I can do it pretty consistently, but when I do I carve some and then sort of pivot on my back wheel w/ pedal pressure. Then I have no speed coming out of it. Im trying to slide out of it fluidly but still cant get it. Is it my freecoaster? should i jsut work on half cabs? thanks

|

12/3/2016 12:27 AM

i mean you can try working on half caps its just hopping after the pedal pressure while youre turning... but it sounds to me like you just need to fakie faster

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/4/2016 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2016 12:43 PM

If you want to slide out of it you have to turn your bars the opposite way slightly then turn them sharp 90 degree and lean back a bit.
I'll try to explain better. I spin to my left. When riding fakie, I'd turn my bars to the right, just a bit, and just for a split second, this makes me start to turn out to the left (so if I was to hold it, I'd go round in circles, with my left side on the outside, turning the same way that I spin). As soon as you start turning, lean back and turn your bars to the left, this allows you to slide the rest of that 180 turn to end up facing forwards again.

It's a bit like when you turn your bars to slide backwards. Only the first little turn the opposite way on the bars gives you the motion to slide out of the fakie.

I'm terrible at explaining things

|