Gyro cable issues

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2010 2:49 PM

Hey guys, having a problem getting my gyro working here and i cant seem to find this post anywhere through the search.

my break cable is to loose and i cant get it to be the right tightness no matter how much i fool around with the dialing. I dont think the gyro is installed wrong as i have installed one on my other bike and it workers perfect but for some reason on this bike the issue is with the cable length.

I am new to this so before i do something stupid i was hoping other people could guide me in the right direction. The result i am ending up with is there is so much slack in the cable that the tabs are not able to even lock into the gyro , if i pull the breaks all the way, the tabs are still about 1/4" away from the gyro and wont grab.

On my other bike everything worked right out of the package and i didn't have to do anything to the cables etc... but this bike is a totally different story.

Is it ok to cut the cables? if i do cut them how do i get the tabs back on the cable so it can hold? or am i doing something totally wrong here and the gyro should not be doing this at all? I can post pics later tonight if no one is understanding what im saying.

Any help is appreciated, ,

Thanks

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

11/13/2010 10:55 PM

Hey man,
I had a similar problem a while back.
I'd take it to your lbs and they'll sort it out for you usually free of charge.

|

12/18/2010 7:34 AM

issue has been resolved in linked post

Thanks guys

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/HowTo,25/Gyro-cable-issues-PLEASE-HELP,1187542

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."